alone | momotarou x you (II/II)

You both turned your heads at them.

Time... seemed to slow down.

The two of them charged at you.

...But it wasn't you whom they touched.

You screamed; as you watched him got held back by the arms by the delinquents you encountered that night.

The leader, or one of the two whom you and Momo made fun with their bodies, was standing beside them, his hands in his pockets as he stares at you with a glint shining on his eye. A deadly glint.

"You fucking bitch, you have guts to get revenge, huh?" He smirks maliciously and walks around Momotarou. "And you..." His smirk faded away and he hissed loudly. Your heart was beating fast. You don't know what to do. You're too scared. Defenseless. Vulnerable. Momotarou was too dazed to move around. Their ambush was so sudden.

"Make him kneel." The leader says before the two bastards pushed him down on the ground with full force.

A hard kick was thrown at Momotarou's right cheek, causing an awfully reddened bruise to appear instantly on almost the whole, other half of his face. You yelled again, tears streaming down your face. "STOP!"

What are you yelling for, anyway? No one will come. No one will save you both.

"And why will we?"

The leader kicked his right cheek. Then followed by rounds of countless punches that you wouldn't bare to watch anymore.

Saying that this is just a dream is complete nonsense. You don't even sleep in class, nor in school.

This is reality. You're already awake, seeing your first ever dear friend get beat up.

Your fists clenches tightly. Your teeth were gritting. Your body was shaking uncontrollably. You have nowhere to go. Nothing to do.

No one to be with.

"Stop.." You mumble and dropped down on your knees. You were facing across Momo at the exact spot. "Please... Please make this stop..."

You wanted to fight them. You have every right to fight them.

But you couldn't do it.

You can't, because you're vulnerable.

And this was all your fault. The yell was nothing; they were planning to do this. How could you ever forget about those bastards? You were supposed to get ready for the consequence. Maybe, you were too overwhelmed by Momotarou and forgot every bullshit you 100% cared about. There's nothing bad in that, right? You were just too happy; so, you forgot all what happened in the past. This, was now. And now, he got beat up and probably wouldn't talk to you anymore after that. He won't get close or touch you anymore, and he was just concerned. He was just trying to help; yet this happened to him.

The leader punches his face and pulls on his hair, lifting his head up to make him look at him. "This is for making us look like shit in the streets that night!" He kicks his stomach brutally. Momo spat out blood.

...If only you killed yourself sooner, any of this wouldn't happen on this day; or Momotarou showing up in your life.

He wasn't saying anything. He wasn't look at anyone. He was just looking down at the ground, looking soulless. He was unable to do anything at this point.

The red-haired boy fell down with a loud thud by his limp body. His arms had heavy wounds. His clothes were dirty and had a few scratches; but his face—his face was filled with tons of bruises that were already turning to black. His eye got a swollen bruise around it. His scratched cheeks were puffy. There was blood dripping down from the corner of his lips and nose.