Chapter 7

Eloisa and Rose walked to the hospital. They wanted to save on gas by walking. While walking, they thought about ways on how they'll find the subject of the poem.

"What if Carlos is not the subject," Eloisa asked.

"Then it's the third boyfriend," Rose said. "Who else would it be?"

"Yes, but how shall we find him," Eloisa wondered.

""I don't know," Rose said. "Maybe Carlos knows. Let's just look into the diary. Maybe that would give us some clue. We only read the first entry."

"Wait," Eloisa said as she realized something. "Where's the diary?"

"You have it, right," Rose said.

"Is it," Eloisa wondered. She searched her bag and she found the diary.

"It's here," Eloisa sighed in relief. "Thank you."

"You're too anxious," Rose said.

"Sorry," Eloisa replied. "I thought I lost it."

While they are talking and walking, a thief came up from behind them. The thief held Eloisa by her neck on one hand and on the other he holds a knife near her neck. If ever Eloisa tried to escape, the knife would slice through her neck.

"Give me the bag," the thief exclaimed. "Now!"

"There's nothing in it," Eloisa said as he tries to fool the thief. "You may have it."

"I don't care," the thief exclaimed. "I just wanted to get this!"

Then the thief took the bag and went on his way. Eloisa and Rose are left shocked about what just happened.

"Glad that's over," Eloisa said.

"Yeah..." Rose agreed. "Did that bag contain anything valuable in it?"

"Nope," Eloisa answered. "All of them are kept in my car. At least we are safe. We did not die. Nothing is important is in the bag anyway."

"Yeah, wait a minute," Rose exclaimed as she remembered. "Where's the diary?"

"Oh shoot," Eloisa exclaimed. "The thief has the diary!"

"Now what," Rose asked.

"Well, at least we still have the poem," Eloisa said just to let Rose think of a positive side.

"The poem is not the most helpful clue," Rose exclaimed. "It was all about her love for the man. Come on! Let's just go to the hospital."

As the girls walked to the hospital, Emma stared out her window pane. Her parents entered her room.

"Dear," Lerine said comfortingly."It hurts that we would lose you from are side. Don't worry. We will fight!"

Lerine tried to be determined even though it is already hopeless. It is the end for Emma.

"I tired of fighting, mom," Emma said while depressed. "I want this to stop."

"No, don't say that," Lerine said. "You can do it."

"Mom, if you are just going to say motivational quotes, don't do it," Emma said. "Please stop it."

Lerine then soon realized that she must rest. It's been a long day for her.

"Maybe you should rest," Lerine said. "It's been a long day."

"We'll be leaving," Raphael said.

The couple left Emma to be alone. As soon as they went out, they released all their emotions out.

"I can't take the pain she feels," Lerine said as she feels sorry for her daughter. "Maybe it is finally the time that she knew."