Chapter 25

Everyone hurried to the rooftop, except Eloisa and Rose. They had a moment with their best friend's body and embraced it one last time. As they embraced her, Rose noticed that there's a letter beside Emma's corpse. She took the letter and opened it.

"Eloisa, there's a letter here," Rose said as she showed it to Eloisa. The girls read her final (final) testament letter.

"Oh my gosh," Eloisa exclaimed after she read it. "This is worse than the letter we found in her room. She knew that she'd die today! How could she? It is for him again!"

"Let's go to the rooftop," Rose exclaimed.

Eloisa and Rose took the elevator lift going to the rooftop, while the others took the stairs in panic. They manage to go ahead before the others.

When they got there, the girls instantly run to stop him.

"Sir, please stop what you're doing," Eloisa exclaimed. The others managed to catch up, and Arthur instantly said his words.

"What's worth living in this world," Professor Diwa said in a whisper.

"My son," Arthur exclaimed. "I raised you well, and then you're going to throw it all away but committing suicide. Show some gratitude!"

"I don't know if there's any use to be in this world," Professor Diwa said in a whisper.

"He's not really going to jump. He just wanted to get some fresh air," said no one ever.

"Victor," Reginald exclaimed. "Don't jump, please."

"Sir," Rose said. "Before you jump, at least read this letter." She showed the letter, although he is still facing the other way instead of facing Rose. It seems that he had not heard anything.

"Sir," Eloisa exclaimed. "Please read this. It's a letter from Emma!" He turned around and he took the letter from Rose's hands. Rose gave the final testament letter that Eloisa and Rose found in Emma's room at the Concepcion Household.

"Mi Inamorata,

What a poetic intro. I still prefer mi amor, but it's time for a change. Why did you left me? I know the real reason, my parents told you to stay away from me. Please don't. I can feel an illness inside me. I want to spend my last few months with you. I don't want to tell anyone because I don't want to worry them. This is my final testament that I can write because I can feel that my life won't last very long. I don't want to go to the doctor because it would only prolong my suffering. I just want to tell you this because if I do die tomorrow or the next day after that, I am glad that you'll be able to receive this. Find someone you'll spend eternity with, I shall watch you from afar. Go on loving me. If I die, I shall see you again. I must go to sleep now, mi amor. My Love for you shall never die. Ever yours, ever mine

Love, Emma"

When he read it, he started crying again. He never wanted to continue the suicide for it is a mistake and his judgement is clouded with the overwhelming amount of grief that he felt. Imagine seeing your lover after three months and then dying moments later.

"Sir, there is another letter," Eloisa said. "She just wrote it today."

"Here," Rose said as she handed the letter that they found inside her hospital room.

"Mi Inamorato,

When will you return? I waited 3 months for you to return back into my arms. The day you left me, I know it's not the end. I know fate will make a way for us to meet again. I know you'd make a way, but yet you never did. I have to see you. However much you love me, I love you more. Never hide yourself from me. While still in my bed, my thoughts turn to you, mi inamorato. Some of them happy, some sad, waiting to see whether fate will hear us. I can live only completely with you or not at all. I'm fighting a battle that I'm about to lose. I'm losing my hope of ever seeing you again. If you do come here today, or the next day after that, I could finally rest in peace. If you are reading this now, it means Eloisa and Rose have succeeded. I can finally assure myself that you'd be fine. If Eloisa and Rose found my letter in my room at home, I told you that you should find a better second self. Don't worry, I won't get jealous. In fact, I'd be glad that you are happy for you found a better half that will stay with you forever. Yes. It must be. Today seems like the final day of my life. The light is upon me. I must go to sleep now. Be calm, love. Today, yesterday, what longing with tears for you. You're my life. My everything. Farewell, then.

Love, Emma"

After he read the letters, it seems that he has finally decided. He won't jump and he stepped out of the dangerous part of the rooftop and back to safety.

"I won't jump," he said gravely. "I'll have to fulfill this final wish. This is her real final wish. I need to find someone to be with forever, but I shall never forget Emma. She's the only one that made an influence in my life that shall never be erased."