Prologue

Emma Concepcion is a simple girl born from a privileged family. She has anything she can ask for the world. She's privileged, beautiful and she has a heart of gold. She is the pianist of Word Miracle Church. She did not choose to do it for monetary purposes, instead she plays to share her talents given by God.

She has anything the world can offer, but what about love? Well her parents has a solution about this. It's Sunday morning. She wondered what's going on at the house. The maids are putting the best curtains and furniture coverings on and the chef cooked up his specialty. She immediately asked her mother, Lerine, about this.

"Mom, why does everyone seem so busy," Emma said.

"We have visitors today," Lerine said. "Better get ready, you need to be -"

"Prim and proper," Emma said in an annoyed voice. "Yeah, yeah. I'll do it. No need to constantly remind me."

She needs to act and look like a princess. For a prominent dentist in the country, her mother is strict about her attitude and beauty, specially her teeth. Emma is the spitting image of her mother.

"You already know," her mother said in a strict manner. "You should try to do this. Don't speak, unless you're spoken to or at least introducing yourself. Just express politeness, please."

"Whatever," Emma whispered. She's extremely annoyed with all the strict rules binding her since birth.

"I can hear you," her mother said angrily. "Get moving! The visitors are coming!"

"Alright, alright," Emma said. "Calm down."

There she went to the bathroom and took a shower. She dressed in her finest clothes and did as what her mother expected her to. She felt like she's a doll herself. Then she thought of the situation if she had been born into a middle class family - a family with a normal life, normal riches and normal parents. What would have changed in her life? She finally went down to the sitting room to meet her parents' visitors.

"Emma," Raphael, her father, said. "Say good morning sa Dela Rama family."

"Good morning everyone," Emma said happily while trying to conceal her dislike with the situation. Fortunately, she succeeded in concealing her true feelings.

"Good morning dear," Reginald dela Rama said. "Son, she'd make a perfect bride for you." Reginald dela Rama is a businessman and he has a son named Rex. He's a close friend of Emma's father.

"Excuse me," Emma said while trying to be respectful as she can. She was offended about how such a man would think her to be as the future bride of his son.

"We shall discuss these matters today, Emma," Lerine said while trying to calm Emma down. "This is the reason why they are here."

"So, shall we all take a seat," Raphael said. They sat at the finest sofas made by the greatest craftsmen of the country.

"Alright," Maritess, the wife of Reginald, said frankly. "Let's begin. Let's get straight to the point. Rex and Emma are going to get married after they finished college." Maritess is known to be a really frank woman about everything. She wants everything to be told straight to the point.

"Okay Rex," Raphael said. "You already know about this. How do you feel about it?"

Jonathan Rex is a handsome young man. If you look at him, you might think that he's a player, but he's not. He loved Emma for a long time. Emma did not know him, but Rex knows her very well. At the church, when Rex heard her play for the first time, he instantly fell for her.

"Well, I'm happy about it," Rex said enthusiastically.

"And you Emma," Reginald said. "Now that you know about this, what is your reaction?"