Chapter 1

The Concepcion family is at the hospital. Lerine and Raphael are anxiously waiting for their daughter's check up results with her doctor.

"Doctor," Raphael said anxiously. "What is my daughter's illness?"

"She's gravely ill," the doctor said as he tries to say it in a proper manner. "She has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer."

"Doctor," Lerine said as she begs for her daughter's life. "Do everything you can to heal her! Money is not a problem!"

"I'm sorry," the doctor said humbly as he can't do anything about the illness.

"Doctor," Lerine said. "I know there's a solution. Please do everything that you can!"

"I'm sorry," the doctor said. "We can't cure her. We can prolong her life for months, but we cannot cure her. The cancer spread all over her body. We can only give her the pain reliever for her pain."

The doctor left to give the couple some space to contemplate about his diagnosis. For months, Emma stayed at the hospital to be treated. This made her depressed as she never had the same freedom as she used to.

"Dear," Lerine said in a serene voice. "Do you want to do anything or a wish at all? We can do it for you?"

"Sure," Emma said sarcastically. "Get me out of here. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm imprisoned."

"Dear," Raphael said. "Didn't you hear what the doctor said? You can't get out of here."

"Alright," Emma said seriously. "At least, bring Eloisa and Rose here."

"We can do that," Lerine said eagerly.

Lerine was about to call her friends, until the symptoms of the cancer showed up. Raphael called the doctor and it seems that he brings terrible news to them.

"She can't hold on much longer," the doctor said hesitantly. "She only has a month to live. If I were you, I would fulfill her final wish."

They cried when they heard the doctor's words. Lerine immediately called Emma's friends. When her friends arrived, they have reservations about entering the hospital room. It seems that their eyes are flooded with tears before they can reach out the handle.

"Girls," Lerine said gravely. "She wants to see you.She will only live for a month and we don't even know what to do. Her final wish is to get out of the hospital, but we cannot do that."

"We'll go check her out," Eloisa said as she tries to cheer herself up. The two went inside the room by themselves. Emma's parents gave the best of friends their privacy to talk by themselves.

"Emma," Rose said calmly. "Are you alright?"

"Besides the fact that I can't stand and I'm stuck to this bed, yeah I'm fine," Emma said sarcastically. Emma is known to be a sarcastic person, even to her parents.

"This girl!" Eloisa said. "I cannot believe that you have the guts to be sarcastic when you are about to die!" Rose is shocked by Eloisa's insensitivity to the situation. She really did not choose her words properly.

"Oops," Eloisa said realizing her mistake. "I'm sorry, that was insensitive."

"It's alright," Emma said calmly. "I can feel it myself."

"Do you have any final wish that we would like to fulfill," Rose asked.

"Yes," Emma said eagerly. "Get me out of here!"

"We can't do that," Eloisa said warningly. "You have to stay here."

"Fine," Emma said seriously. "Maybe I do have a final wish."