Chapter 4

The following day, Eloisa and Rose visited Emma. They intend to bring good news about the search to her.

"Emma, how are you," Rose asked as she felt concerned about Emma.

"Here, I'm still alive," Emma said for she is depressed about her hospital confinement. "I live another day."

"Oh come on," Eloisa said joyfully. "Lighten up. We are trying everything to find your lover. We even searched your locker for your diary."

"What," Emma said angrily. She cannot believe that her friends took her diary. Even at her weak state, she still managed to express her anger and annoyance to her friends.

"Oops," Eloisa said when she realized her mistake when she said that.

"We only took the diary to find some clues," Rose explained. "We only read your first diary entry at May 25, 2013. Do not worry."

"Will that make me feel better," Emma asked in her annoyance.

"I suppose not," Eloisa said. Suddenly, Lerine and Raphael went inside the hospital room with another lady that looks westernized in her clothing and style. We can assume that she is from the United States.

"Emma, your sister, Chloe, arrived from the U.S," Lerine said when she came in the room. "She's going to take care of you."

"Hello baby sis," Chloe said annoyingly. "How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine," Emma said sarcastically. "Except the fact that I'm dying!"

"Oh lighten up," Chloe crossed. "I'm going to be extremely kind to you. I promise 'till the day you die, I won't be a bully to you."

"So I must die before you become nice," Emma asked bluntly.

"Yes, yes indeed," Chloe said annoyingly.

"Stop being a child," Raphael said while exasperated. "You're too old to be acting like a child!"

"Sorry dad," Chloe said.

"I'm sorry, but I blame her," Emma exclaimed.

"Enough," Lerine said. "We shall be leaving you. Please act politely to each other. Emma, your treatment should come any second from now."

Lerine and Raphael went outside the hospital room. Chloe, Eloisa and Rose, and Emma are left inside the hospital room by themselves.

"Should we leave," Eloisa asked to Rose in a whisper.

"I don't know," Rose whispered to Eloisa. "Let's ask her,"

"We shall be leaving too," Eloisa said shyly to Chloe. As they are about to turn the knob of the door, Chloe stopped them.

"Hold on," Chloe exclaimed. "I need to talk to both of you, in private."

"What will you talk about," Emma asked.

"Don't worry lil sis," Chloe exasperated. "I and your best friends are just going to talk about something."

"Where shall we talk," Eloisa asked.

"Just outside the hospital room," Chloe answered. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

"I hope," Emma reacted to Chloe's answer.

"Don't be such a sour puss," Chloe crossed. "Let's go girls."

Chloe and Eloisa and Rose went outside the hospital room to talk. Emma's best friends felt nervous talking to Chloe.

"Alright, what are your names," Chloe asked bluntly.

"I am Eloisa Acosta," Eloisa said as she introduced herself.