Chapter 10

Eloisa, Rose and Mateo arrived at Emma's hospital room. After the journey from Santa Lucia City Jail to St. Patrick's Medical Center, they finally arrived.

"Hi Emma," Eloisa said as she came in the hospital room. "How are you?"

Emma smiled at Eloisa's bright greeting. She was glad to see them. When she, however, saw Mateo, the bright smile on her face was lost.

"Why is he with you," Emma asked bluntly as she looked away from Mateo. She can't even look at the three of them straight in the eye. It is obvious that Emma is annoyed to see Mateo again.

"Who is he," Chloe asked.

"Don't bother to know," Emma crossed.

"Oh, we thought about taking Mateo with us because he wanted to see you," Rose said casually.

"I better go," Mateo said. "I knew it was a bad idea to come here. It was great seeing you again, Emma."

And just like that, Mateo left the hospital room.

"Well that happened," Chloe said.

"Emma, this quest is hard," Eloisa exclaimed. "Just tell us who it is!"

"Arrrgh," Rose exclaimed as well. "If only Carlos had told, this would have been over."

"Wait a minute," Eloisa realized. "How come Carlos knows about your third boyfriend but not us?"

"You know him already," Emma said. "You just don't know that he's my boyfriend."

"Hmmm...," Rose said. "Eloisa, take out a notepad."

"Which one," Eloisa crossed. "The software or a physical notepad?"

"Pick one," Rose nagged as she exclaimed.

"Please jot these down," Rose said. "These are the clues to find Emma's true love."

And Eloisa jot down these clues on her notepad:

1. He wears glasses

2. He's fluent in English

3. He has a Jonathan in his name

4. They know him

5. Emma met him at May 25, 2013

"So we have five clues," Eloisa said as she finished writing the notes. Minutes later, the doctor came in to announce the end of the visiting hours.

"Girls, it's the end of the visiting hours," the doctor said.

"Alright, Emma, we shall be leaving now," Rose bade farewell.

"Alright, see you," Emma said to the girls.

"I shall walk them out," Chloe said to Emma. Chloe walked the girls out of Emma's hospital room. It seems that Chloe intend to say something to them.

"Thank you," Eloisa said. "We shall be leaving now."

"Wait just a second," Chloe said as Eloisa and Rose almost walked away from her.

"What is it," Rose said as she turned to face Chloe again.

"I have something for you," Chloe said as she handed Eloisa and Rose the diary that was taken away from them by the thief.

"How did you find this," Eloisa asked when she held the diary with her own hands.

"I saw it near the garbage can while I was throwing something away," Chloe explained.