Chapter Ten

Cameron's POV:

"Cameron, hurry up! You've been in there forever. I need to start getting ready." Kaylee pounds on the door.

"Okay, okay! Just give me a minute!" I hiss. I was too busy getting high to care if she needed to get ready. Getting high is way more important then makeup.

It's like warm golden sunshine flowing through my veins, but things are different now. Heroin is starting to turn on me. I need heroin to feel normal. I can't quit now. I tried quitting when I ran out of money, and it was the worst feeling in the world. I was so sick I couldn't even get out of bed. The control heroin has over me is terrifying. What's even more terrifying is the thought of having to go without heroin again. Heroin is like a dreamlike detachment from any pain or discomfort. Only happiness and pleasure exist. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, it is the most comfortable place in the world when I'm high. My needs have been reduced to one thing now and one thing only; heroin. When I have it my life is perfect. Everything is beautiful, life couldn't get any better. When I don't have it, my life is absolute hell. Heroin lies to me and tells me what I'm doing is okay, I'm not doing anything wrong. Even though deep down, there's a part of me that knows I am doing wrong. Heroin overtakes that part, the feeling it gives me makes me not care that I'm slowly killing myself and hurting everyone around me. Besides, I would rather die then spend another second without it. Heroin is the only thing that makes life worth living for. Don't get me wrong, I love grams and Kaylee means everything to me, but heroin is a need like something I've never known. I need it, I need it so bad.

I'm once again disturbed by Kaylee's loud knocks. I sigh, collect my stuff, pull down my sleeve, and open the door. "All yours princess." I say sarcastically. "You know, this is my house."

"Yeah, trust me I know. If we were at my place, there wouldn't be an issue. There's like eight bathrooms there, so you could take all the time in the world. But we're not at my place. If you don't want me staying here anymore and I'm becoming such an inconvenience for you, then just tell me." She frowns.

"You're not okay? I'm sorry I snapped at you." I wrap my arms around her.

"It's okay." She leans in and kisses me. "Go get ready." She orders me.

"As you wish. I'll be done in five minutes. It's going to be another one of my I don't give a shit, if I look like shit, days." I respond.

"Well, you'll always look beautiful to me." She smiles.

I feel my face turn red. "Thanks. You'll always look beautiful to me as well." I tell her. She really always does look beautiful. Even when she first wakes up and she has bed head and doesn't want me to look at her until she runs a brush through her hair, she still looks absolutely beautiful. There's not a moment that passes through the day, where she doesn't look beautiful to me.

"Aww, you're blushing! How cute." She giggles as she begins to put on her makeup.

"I am not!" I roll my eyes, even though it was totally obvious that I'm blushing considering how red my face was, and how red it's continuing to get. That was my cue to go and finally start getting ready. I rummage through my clothes, looking for something to wear. We've been out of band-aids for a couple of days, and I was waiting until grams went to the store yesterday to ask her to get some more, but I completely forgot. So it's all up to me now to walk my lazy ass over to the store and get them myself, which I can't even do until after school. Usually around this time of the year I still wear long sleeves, but today I'm definitely going to  have to once again like I have been all week. I need to hide my arm. I decide to wear my favorite Slipknot tee along with my black jacket, and black pants of course. I decide to keep my jacket zipped for now, it's really cold out in the mornings. It warms up as the day goes on, but it's always below 65 before fourth period. To people from California, 65 degrees or below is like freezing.