Chapter Fifteen

Kaylee's POV:

It had been almost a week since I last saw Cameron, let alone spoke to her. I don't know how to feel anymore or what to do, she's never going to quit using, no matter how much I beg and plead with her. I'm afraid that one night I'm going to take up to a phone call, telling me she overdosed. Or go over to see her, and find her dead in her room, a needle in her arm. I love her, so much. It's killing me to know she's a drug addict and to see her this way. I should have known that she didn't quit, part of me did know, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. I want things to be good between us again, not like this. For all I know she could be dead, and no one bothered to tell me. I've been so caught up in my own rage and she's been so caught up in her drugs that neither one of us have attempted to contact the other, but I'm going to change that. I need to see her, I need to talk to her. 

"I'm going to go see Cameron." I tell Alexis, who's sitting on her bed right beside me. 

She shakes her head in disappointment. "Why? She's not good for you. You're relationship is toxic. When you first told me she was a heroin addict, I told you not to give up on her. But that's what you need to do. You need to walk away Kaylee. She's slowly killing herself every time she puts a needle in her arm, don't let her drag you down with her and kill you too."

"I know I should walk away..." I pause. "But I don't know if I'll be able to. I love her." 

"I know you do, but like open your eyes." She frowns. "I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, but she doesn't love you. She loves heroin."

"She does love me. I know she does." I defend Cameron.

"One day you're going to like realize that I'm right, but until then believe whatever you want. You're just as bad as she is. She's like your heroin."

I sit up and roll my eyes. "Whatever, I'll see you later." 

When I arrive at Cameron's place, I don't know whether or not I should let myself in, so I just knock on the door.

Her grandma answers, and her once cheery face was full of sadness. "Hello dear, it's nice to see you. Come on in."

"Thanks, it's nice to see you too." I smile.

"Cameron is in her room." She tells me.

I take a deep breath, psyching myself up, and walk into her room. I find her sitting in her chair, a needle in her arm, shooting up. My mouth drops open. I know what heroin addicts do, and I know that she shoots up, but seeing it is a totally different thing from just being told about it, or even picturing it in my head. It's horrifying. I feel sick to my stomach just looking at her.

"How did you get that?" I question. "I thought you didn't have any money..."

"How the fuck do you think I got it?" She responds, not even looking up at me.

Immediately, I feel my heart sink. "Did you fuck him?" I ask, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.