Chapter 17

I fell to the ground, in front of my house, knocking out one of the thugs in the process. I didn't even have time to react as Beta Matthews landed on top of me and grabbed my throat with his jaw.

A second later I heard the muffled whelp of my sister's wolf. The sound distracted the Beta and I seized the opportunity. I lunged forward and bit his paw. He whelped and leapt back. I jumped and bit onto his fur. Then I swung him into a wall knocking him out cold.

I quickly mindlinked my sister.

Sorry about that, are you okay?

A weak voice replied.

Yes I'm okay but you pack a punch don't you?

I would have laughed if I was in my human form. Croft leapt over the fence and landed a couple of feet in front of me. He started to walk towards me, teeth bared, like a lion stalking his prey. I bared my teeth and growled at him.

"STOP THIS AT ONCE"

Alpha Johnson had an incredibly booming voice and when he was angry it was something to be feared. Croft shifted back into human form and walked towards the Alpha, butt naked!

Suddenly I picked up the scent of my father. I whipped my head to the side where my father stood, his mouth agape. The realisation hit me that this was the first time he had seen me in my wolf form.

Lucille your fur! mindlinked my sister in shock.

I lifted my paw to find that my fur was jet black like my fathers with gleaming pure white spots like my mothers. I turned around just as my sister approached me. Her fur was just white. Her wolf was beautiful, so beautiful I was envious of it. She stopped suddenly and glanced at her mate. I nodded and she went and tended to him.

"Father" said a dominating voice.

I turned to see the Alpha Johnson's son Nick walking towards him. Behind him was my apparent mate Alex and some other wolves with him. An older man with grey hair and similar looking features was also with him. I assumed this to be Alex's father.

A whimper drew my attention and I turned to find Cassie being restrained very roughly. I turned my attention to the guy who after about 30 seconds turned to look at me. I growled at him. Cassie's eyes widened in shock yet the guy did not let go of her. I took a few more steps, looked him in the eye and growled a little louder and a little more fierce.

"Let the girl go" said Alex.

I turned to my apparent mate and stared at him debating whether to thank him or growl at him for getting involved.

The guy released Cassie and she took a few steps away, rubbing her arm.

I tried to mindlink her but I couldn't. My energy was all gone.

"Miss Lucille it's time for you to return home"

A/N

OMG thank you so much. 120 reads and counting. 21 votes! I never imagined I could have this much so soon. I'm so glad you like my story! I hope to reach about 500 reads by my birthday (June 12th) so pls keep reading!!

Thank you so much. Updates will come soon!