Chapter 24

The next couple of days were just as normal as can be. Eleanor loved Cassie and Lacey, often joking about how they were the first friends I had in years, which wasn't technically true. I didn't see Alex very much, I could only assume that he was working and luckily enough his father was working with him.

Eleanor, Cassie and Lacey were sitting on the bed discussing fashion, while I was reading, when Alex's Beta came in.

"Mrs. Matthews you have been summoned back home as of effective immediately"

My sister grabbed her stuff and waved goodbye. My heart broke seeing her leaving, knowing that it would be a very long time before I see her again.

"Miss Cassie, Miss Lacey you are late for work"

They gave each other a look of confusion and then turned to me. Like them I had no idea what they were on about.

"Work?!" asked Lacey. "We don't work"

"Damien Shadows has insisted on you working with the local nurse until you find your mates and I have been sent here to escort you"

Cassie and Lacey simply got up and left the room with the beta, whose name still escapes me. In 60 seconds I had gone from being surrounded by friends to being lonely.

Stunned I left Cassie's room and headed up to my own. There was nothing to do so I sat on the window sofa and simply stared out the window.

A couple of hours later there was a quiet knock on the door. I yelled for them to come in.

The door was thrown open and in walked Damien Shawdows. The sight of him made me want to go and lock myself in the bathroom and cry.

"Miss Lucille" he said.

There was a brief silence in which no one said nothing.

"Mr. Shadows?"

He smiled as I gave the correct answer he wanted.

"Please sit" he said.

I hadn't even realised that I had stood up when he entered the room. I sat back down on the window sofa and he sat next to me. He was utterly terrifying.

"Miss Lucille why haven't you honoured our agreement?" he asked.

Agreement? As I recall it wasn't an agreement he threatened me and then left. I should have said that to him but I was too scared to say so.

"I haven't seen much of Alex" I mumbled.

"You are allowed to visit him at work" he said.

I didn't know what to say so I just shrugged my shoulders at him.

"Don't shrug your shoulders at someone it is rude"

I froze. I didn't even want to breathe in case he had something to say about that too.

"It appears to me that you have been spending all your time with my nieces and your sister. As a result I have been forced to remove any distractions"

"Cassie and Lacey aren't a......"

"Yes they are" he spat. "And until your relationship with Alex has significantly improved they will be kept out the way."

Then he simply got up and left.

I looked towards my packed suitcase. I had to get out of here.