Chapter 11

His body was dripping with rainwater and his clothes looked like they had been pulled on. I figured he had shifted and ran here. The anger and pain on his face sent deep streaks of guilt through me.

He ran up to me and knelt at my feet slightly breathless.

"Lucille you can't run off like that. I was worried sick"

I felt bile rise up in my throat as I saw my father refused to look at me. I hadn't realised it before but seeing Alex brought a shocking revelation to mind.

"You're not my mate!" I muttered shocked.

His eyes furrowed, he reached up and felt my forehead with his palm. Angry I brushed it away and stood up.

"Lucille of course...'

"She knows the truth"

He whipped around and stared at my ashamed father.

"You're not my mate" I said feeling utterly deflated. "Because only a natural born werewolf can have a mate"

I hung my head in shame. My whole life had changed and I didn't know how to deal with it.

"So if I'm not your mate then who is?"

My father and Alex sighed. Both couldn't look me in the eye and not one of them was prepared to speak.

"We think she died when she was little"

I turned to see Alex, the new alpha of my pack, walk in with his mate, Elisa.

Now everything was falling into place.

"Let me guess your alleged mate was Lucy"

Noone said anything which was good because I hadn't finished.

"So I was right" I said glaring at my father. "Let me guess when Alex was little he and Lucy were play mates.Your daughter died so you stole and then replaced me with her. You gave me a similar name, turned me and even gave me the same mate"

When noone said anything I lost it.

"LOOK AT ME!" I screamed.

All three of them gazed at me their eyes wide in shock.

"It stops today. Today I take back my own life"

I stormed out leaving them staring. As I walked outside I noticed the whole pack along with a few high up wolves from Alex's pack gathered around the house. Some wore sympathetic faces while other wore shocked and angered expressions. I stormed past them without a word. I hadn't packed anything, I hadn't even said goodbye to Cassie and Lacey but I couldn't stay in a lie anymore.

As I approached the exit, signalling the end of my pack's territory four black SUVs pulled up. I stopped dead as I heard howling, screeching and whoops from people squished into the back, each carrying some sort of weapon. The first one pulled up and the drivers jumped out. My eyes widened and all I could think was oh no.

"Hey Lucille" said Liam, holding a black shotgun.