The Twin

It was a normal day for me.

10th of February.

Those of you who are into reading as I was back then and are on social media might have heard about The Anonymous Writer.

Their stories, or at least some of them, have been wonders.

One such story was: Dark Of The Day.

Now I want to be clear, I scrolled past that story as I was surfing Facebook. I always have had trouble reading long stories because they fail to hold my attention (ADHD, I tell ya.)

But then, I got a notification which said that one of my friends had mentioned me in the comment section of the same story.

The comment ran: 'Hey dude! Is this you?'
I couldn't understand but then I realised that the post was a fan art and was signed off by a name as same as me.

I commented: 'Nah! I share his name but not his skill'

Surprisingly, the original writer, Azrael (he had the same name as me, I JUST TOLD YOU THAT!), replied and called me to private chat.

I was jumpy because I was going to talk to someone whose story was published on The Anonymous Writer (which clearly meant that the guy had skills.)

One of the very first things that I realised was that Azrael was from Pakistan and not from India. That  didn't bother me at the very least. I believed that talent flew beyond borders and I was taught to absorb every ounce of lesson I can get from my elders.

It's funny that I get along with my elders better than my own peers.
I came to find out that he had broken up on this very day. His girl's name was Daisy. She was from Benghazi. When I found out about this, I was sure that this guy's area of expertise was far beyond national borders. He surprisingly was cheerful for a guy who had lost his girl. 'Poor guy won't have anyone to celebrate Valentine's day with,' I had thought.

But Daisy would keep popping up in his life and he'd make her cry every time with his words. In Daisy's words, 'Azrael never fails to make me cry.'

I behaved politely and formally and in his words, he was 'testing' me and I must've impressed him because after I went to fetch my dinner and our talk dropped, I was soon to see his message again.

Just after our talk on facebook dropped, everything reverted back to normal and I forgot about the incidence until he managed to offend thousands of Indian by a sarcastic one-liner on a Story published by none other than, The Anonymous Writer.
The scandal was so huge that the owner of the page, Abhijit Chakarborty, had a talk with Azrael over facebook to address the issue.

After a month or so, I got his message.
By that time, I had been a silent spectator of the whole scandal. I was a bit dumbfounded at what he had said. Little did I know that offending people was his daily cup of tea.

I had thought he was going to find a way to offend me as well when he messaged me the second time, however, our talk went quite unexpected.

In fact, it went like this:-
He: Do you want to be a part of a sarcastic group?
Me: *Apprehensively* Sure, why not?
He: Okay! I'll add you.
Me: what's it called?
He: Okay?Okay. Don't worry. It has nothing to do with The Fault In Our Stars.
*********

And that, is how, I was introduced to a wider range of people, inhabiting different countries, majority of them being from India, and Pakistan.