The Test and The Trick and The Troubles

NOTE: THIS IS A VERY TRICKY CHAPTER. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AND RE-READ IF YOU HAVE TO BECAUSE THE SITUATION IS TOO MESSY TO EVEN BE ARTICULATED EASILY. THIS IS ALSO GOING TO BE THE LONGEST CHAPTER AND CAN ONLY BE UNDERSTOOD IN ONE GO SO IF YOU ARE GONNA TAKE A BREAK, NOW IS THE TIME FELLAS!

It was 1st of March
Azrael had shifted to Lahore from his hometown and on that day, he met his childhood best friend Akhtar.

They hugged for a good 15 minutes which Azrael dubs as the tightest hug of my life.

He said that hug took away a lot of sadness.

Now it is obvious that if Azrael felt attracted to Butterfly, he left hints everywhere. That's what he did in Okay?Okay.

He started acting a bit too flirtatious with her and that was enough to rouse everyone's suspicion, Akhtar's above all.

He asked about it and Azrael brushed it off as a gag but Akhtar foresaw what was to come and chuckled at it.
It was 17th of March

I met Fai.
She had been a group member of Okay? okay since even before my time.

She's a girl without whom this whole book would be baseless (Her importance would come to light much later on)

Elder to Azrael and Ashtar both, she has been a good friend of both of them.

You want to know how important is Fai?

There is or there was a page called Memeabad on Facebook where Azrael and Fai once met and It was Fai who suggested Azrael to send his DARK OF THE DAY to The Anonymous Writer.

So you can say that if Fai didn't exist, we wouldn't all be here.

18th March: Azrael goes away from social media. He'd come back but only for irregular visits.

My board exams had finished on 19th of March.

And Holi (A festival of colours) lay ahead but since everyone knew that people would scatter, everyone was celebrating on that same day outside the examination hall.

My case was different.

Dad had come to pick me up and I left, I never looked back. No goodbye to friends, none of your last-moment-head-turns and above all, no regrets.

I had but one goal: I had to crack the entrance test for 11th grade of AMU (Aligarh Muslim University)

Let me evaluate the position of this university.

It is one of the five central universities of India along with Delhi University, Benaras Hindu University, Usmania University, and Jawaharlal Nehru University.

Its products have went on to become noted scholars, reformers, and have held high judicial positions.

It is well recognised for its MBBS programme.

It had been my dream to get into this one because my mom and dad met here and fell in love here. They became friends in the very first class of MBBS. Every time they'd narrate a story of AMU and its uniqueness, I'd get shivers down my spine.