Paranormally Paranoid

*THIS IS A FILLER. SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THE MAIN EVENTS, PLEASE MOVE ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER.*

It was nighttime and I was on call with Azrael. It was a usual call and at 12 AM, my bed shook. I immediately got up and switched on the light.

On top of that, I was sleeping in the guest room which had been vacant for like 4 years so I already was a bit apprehensive about spirits (what? Fifteen year old kid, okay?)

I regained my wits and decided to sit on the bed with my lights on, and just then my bed shook again and this time with a sound which even Azrael could hear.

This cleared out two things: I was not Hallucinating AND I was in deep trouble.

What followed next was both Azrael and I trying to scare the wits out of each other by making each other recall scenes from horror movies while getting scared ourselves.

At around 3 AM, my bed shook again and I had had it. I rushed downstairs and slept in another room.

Azrael and I dropped our call at 4 AM because none of us actually wanted to cut it because we both were scared to the core.

Azrael was scared of the vision of Samara and Kayako (see: The Ring and Grudge) which he'd receive from time to time and I'd simply get scared at his getting scared because my imagination is a complete jerk at such times.

After months, my sister Arya would realise while sleeping in the same room that the noise and the shaking are a product of the fact that the road outside my house had speedbrakers and whenever a heavy vehicle would pass over them, the tremors would be enough to shake my bed.

Even though we now know the truth, Azrael and I hold that night as the best night we spent on a call together and sleeping in that room still brings chills to my heart.