Chapter 24- Mrs August

CRAIG

"HAHAHAHA" we stood looking at a very tipsy Roc as he continued laughing his head off. I can’t believe this guy has the time to laugh when he is dying.

"I don’t have Leukaemia ha-ha? Me Leukaemia ha-ha." he continued laughing, me and Prince even joined in.

“but my mum does, ha-ha, my mum has fucking leukaemia." from a matter of moments Roc's voice shifted from laughter to tears. He was finding it so hard to stay strong and not break down, but you could tell it wasn’t working as his shoulder rocked from side to side. Anubia ran to his side and kissed his cheeks. A wave of jealousy erupted in me, but I had to remember this was about Roc not Anubia.

"You’re mum is dying? Since when?" Prince ran his hand through his Afro, his face displaying a mixture of emotions. Roc couldn’t have been keeping this for long. Could he?

"I've known since last year." his voice broke as he spoke. The room remained silence.

"You’ve known since last year and you couldn’t tell us. Are you that heartless?" I pushed against Prince’s chest. He looked about ready to beat the hell out of Roc, but right now as I looked at Roc. All I felt towards him was pity. Pity for what he was about to lose. A mother. No one should ever have to go through that, I know.

"Look at him Prince. He is broken. I can see why he drinks so much. He can’t help it; you know he is not an emotion kinda of guy. So instead he took his emotion out on a bottle. Let it go" Prince nodded understanding where I was coming from. Ray took a sit next to Roc and placed his arms around Roc. I tried to look away before I saw the little smile him and Anubia shared just seconds ago.

"Just go guys I don’t want to see anyone, just go!" we all hesitated before heading towards the door. We wanted to give him time to get sober. Before we ask him more questions it was only right.

"Call us when you need us. We are here for you bro." I sighed and closed the door behind me.

Alia POV

Anubia handed me a silver key and pushed me towards the restaurant door.

"What’s this for?" she seems angry at me and I hated when we fought.

"Don’t act like you don’t know. Just go and see Roc please." I nodded taking off my work apron; before I could leave she asked me a question.

"How long have you known?"

"Three months." She nodded and waved me away.

I unlocked the door and stepped into his apartment, calling his name. The door to his bedroom was open and I heard soft whimpering. I opened the door wider and found a red eyed Roc sitting with his arm resting on his elbow. He looked straight at me, wiping his face.

"Who the fuck let you in?!" I flinched at his harsh words. He swung off the bed towards me.

"I said who the fuck let you in?" my voice stayed frozen in my throat and I finally raised my shaking hand to show him the key. He moved back, scratching his head. at sad moments like this, I always end of doing or thinking of something stupid, like staring at his shirtless body, all I wanted to do was run my hands on them, feeling every inch of muscle on that perfect body of his. I snapped out of my fantasy and cleared my throat trying to concentrate on an emotional distraught Roc, but damn it was so hard to do.

"So Roc-"

"Just go! Fuck Off! Why do you keep coming back?! When are you gonna understand I don’t want your ugly low class ass? Uh stop acting so damn immature and open your fucking eyes and see the world for what it truly is. Because you act so damn fucking retarded sometimes I wonder whether you have a brain up there. God, what’s wrong with you?" it felt like I've been slapped and when I reached up to hit him, he moved so fast my wrist connected with his arm,