Chapter 31- EPILOGUE

WE HAVE COME TO THE END>>> IT FELT RIGHT TO END IT WITH ROC.

EPILOGUE THREE YEARS LATER.

Roc POV

I scanned each room through the little window hoping to catch a glimpse of that auburn hair. I was sure this was the direction the receptionist gave.

"So if yellow and orange makes red what does red and blue make?" I heard the voice before I saw it but I knew who it was. It made me chuckle at how sweet the voice sounded; while leaning on the door frame watching her teach the little 7 years old who sat around squealing intensively. 

"Oh it's purple, it's purple!"

"Well done Jack, purple! But next time raise your hands." The small reddish hair boy looked towards me, pointing as his brown bob continually flicked to his face with each headturn. 

"Miss, who’s that man?" Alia turned, the words that were about to escape her mouth frozen as she recognise who she was seeing.

"Sorry is this Miss Black’s class, I’m here to do a talk on commercial director."

"He looks very familiar." a Chinese girl with a hello kitty onesie pointed out.

Three two one...

"He is Mr Juggler off the Crunchy Clown Flakes advert!" Within a second 15 kids rushed towards me, gripping and pulling at my jacket.

"I want an autograph, please sir me first! Me first!" The death grip these children had almost made me determined never to have children… almost but Alia seems to be doing a brilliant job.

"Ok, line up kids, let Mr Juggler breath. We will do this in alphabetical order." The jack boy sulked throwing himself on the floor.

"But I don't want to go last; I always go last every time. It's not fair." Alia got to his level, giving him a smile.

"What makes you so sure your last? Are you forgetting I want Mr Juggler’s autograph as well." She gave him a hand pulling him up, one by one the kids stood neatly in front of me oozing with excitement. When it finally got to her turn, she quickly pulled me to the side.

“What are you doing? How?!”

“In England I had desperately need money, so I applied for a children's cereal commercial and got the job. Apparently my good looks, combined with the accent made me the ideal candidate. Chicks dug my accent but I made them it known I wasn’t there for the girls, my mind was already set on the only person for me.” I tapped her nose. “It was such a cheesy job to do but I earned a lot of money especially when it proved popular in Europe, finally coming to the USA. Two years after the director took me on as a junior apprentice.”

"Miss you told us Mr Juggler was your Prince." The kids turned to look at Alia as she blushed profoundly.

"Is that so?" I asked in sing song, sitting the tall blonde girl in front of me. She gave a toothy grin, enveloping me in a hug.

"I can't believe I met a celebrity. My sister Whitney is going to be so jealous." She finally let go running towards the back.

"Yes I remember, you told us, he was coming back for you one day because he promised you." That is why you never tell a kid anything; they remember every detail and will sell you out at every turn possible. I learnt that the hard way.

"Archie that was during story tales and you know stories aren't always true." I gasped, rolling my eyes.

"I guess miss doesn't need this huge diamond ring I bought for her." I pulled out the little box revealing a huge diamond ring.

"Mr Juggler needs to marry my mum; her ring isn't even that big. If Mr Juggler marries my mum I may finally become a true princess then." All the girls screamed, clapping their hands together. Alia subtly hopped from one knee to another trying to contain her excitement, this surprisingly made me less nervous. The likelihood of her saying yes seems to be increasing.

I was less scared the word ‘no’ would fly out of her mouth and hit me right in the face. Jack pushed her towards me with the help of a freckled girl.

"This is so great! I hope I find my Mr Juggler." The little girls awed, I stared at them in confusion, how is it possible a bunch of 7 year olds already know so much about love. Alia caressed my stubble pulling a couple of faces.

"I like this, it's staying."

"Good because I like it myself."

"Ooh great minds do think alike." she hugged me tightly.

"It is so good to see you. I have missed you." she let go straightening out my top. "So about that ring?" I put on a serious tone of voice.

"Yes what about it?" I played along. "Oh this ring, I was only, I wasn’t actually planning. Shit you didn’t think I was serious did you?" Her face was hurt deeply she bowed her head because giving a suppressed smile.

"Oh." she managed to say. I sighed and got down on one knee, it was only right to do this traditionally. She hit me on chest.

"You asshole, I thought you was being serious." 

"No."

"Well hurry up, I need to have a ring on my finger in five minutes." my eyebrows rose slightly at her boldness. She's changed a lot, finally grown into a woman. Her hair was now low-cut with a lighter tip; her sense of style was simple but sophisticated. I could tell she’s more outspoken and isn't afraid to voice her opinion and I like that, in fact I appreciated it. She reeked of independence and I was so proud the day she took that teaching certificate and got her first job.

Truth was Alia motivated me, she reminded me too much of my mother with her compassionate and ambitious streak and I knew she was going nowhere without me by her side.

“I was scared you wouldn’t wait for me, I mean four years was far too long to be in deep with someone and I never thought I could do it. I always thought it was impossible with someone else but that was because it wasn't you. I'm not good at making speeches but you know I show it better than I say it." I placed the ring on her finger, holding her face.

"Will you be my wife?" she leaned in for a kiss but from the corner of my eyes I noticed the spectators sitting a few feet away from us. Most of them were smiling, showing a row of missing teeth.

"Kiss her already! Mr Juggler, kiss her!" I placed a light kiss one her lips not wanting to give them a full show; it was already weird enough as it is.

"You came home just in time, I will need a date to Anubia and Craig’s wedding, and I think I found the best man out of many suitors." I raised my eyebrows in doubt.

"What do you mean many suitors? I'm sorry last time I checked I wasn’t sharing and you know I hate sharing and you know it would be my honour.”  Her eyes twinkled going in for another kiss, but I stopped, pressing my fingers to her lips. The creepy kids where still sat in the same ‘arms clasped to together feet crossed’ posture watching us like statues.

"We can save that for later." I half joked.

"Does anyone want a photo with Mr Juggler?" All 15 kids raised their hands really high, racing towards me once more.

"Me! Me!" Squeals echoed through the class as Alia tried to hide her fast forming laughter.

"Lord help me..." I muttered