Chapter 64

Harry's hand slid up and down my thigh as we sat at the table eating our food. I looked over at him suspiciously as he met my gaze with a smirk. I kept eye contact with him as I laid my hand on his and moved it off of my thigh.

"You're driving me crazy Carter," He leaned in and growled into my ear. It caught me off guard considering we didn't usually talk to each that way but I quickly composed myself and t was now my turn to smirk.

"That was the plan," I whispered seductively into his ear so no one else at the table could hear. I went back to eating and I could feel Harry's eyes locked on me. We finished eating and one by one people got up from the table.

"Carter?" A male's voice said from behind me. I immediately recognized it as Niall's and turned around to face him.

"Hey Niall!" I beamed giving him a quick squeeze.

"You look great tonight. Well more than great you look beautiful," Niall complimented. I tucked my hair behind me ear and looked down in embarrassment.

"Thanks Niall," I chuckled. I deep grunt came from behind me and I rolled my eyes. I looked over my shoulder to see Harry staring at me over the brim of his cup. He was surrounded by Louis and his family but I could tell he wasn't paying attention.

"Oh um I'm sorry," Niall muttered, realizing what he said.

"No don't apologize. Can we go talk over here?" I asked reaching out for Niall's hand and pulling him to the corner where no one could hear us. Harry's eyes stayed locked on mine as we moved across the room.

"What's with him?" Niall asked confused as we sat on the bench. His question was obviously directed towards Harry but I couldn't answer. I was asking myself that same question.

"Niall," I started letting out a deep breath that I didn't even know I was holding, "Can we talk about something?"

Niall's face went from slightly amused to concerned as he opened his mouth to speak, "Yeah of course. You know you can always tell me things."

"Something doesn't feel right with Harry. Something has changed," I tried to explain. As the words left my mouth I understood how weird they sounded.

"Like what?" Niall asked trying to mask his confusion.

"I'm not sure that's the thing. I can't exactly figure it out. It all started the night after Harry and I fought and I went over to his house the next morning. I thought the fight was just bothering him but it felt deeper than that."

I watched Niall's face light up in realization only for him to try and hide it seconds later.

"What Niall? Do you know something?"

"What? No. I don't know anything. I don't know Carter, Harry's stressed. He probably is just tired," Niall said. I could tell he was hiding something but I wasn't going to push it. I really didn't need this week to get any worse.

"I'm just so confused Niall. We're not supposed to be fighting like this. I'm so confused," I babbled. I could feel the lump in my throat growing bigger and bigger and I tried to swallow it but the feeling wouldn't go away.

"It's ok Carter. Everything will be ok I promise," Niall consoled wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight.

"Don't make promises Niall. Promises can't be kept," I whispered into his ear and he held me.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice growled from behind us. Harry had crossed the room in a matter of seconds and was towering over Niall and I sitting on the bench.

"Mate we were just talking. She was upset," Niall said shooting up from where he was sitting. I continued to sit pissed that Harry angrily interrupted my short time with Niall.