Chapter 73

"Harry I'm so sorry." My voice was becoming more unstable as time passed.

I looked up at Harry to see his eyes closed shut and his eyebrows furrowed. He looked angry, no furious and I could almost see the gears fiercely spinning in his head. To be honest I was terrified of what his response was going to be.

"Did you kiss him?" Harry asked his teeth grinding together and his chest rose and fell sharply.

"No he kissed me! I kissed him back though and I'm so sorry Harry. I would do anything to take it back," I told him. Harry ran his long fingers over his face before he responded. The silence came with tension and I'm pretty sure you could have cut it in half with a butter knife. 

"Do you have any feelings for him?" Harry asked. I really was surprised at how well he was keeping his anger in control. I half expected him to yell and scream but instead he just inhaled deep breaths and gritted his teeth.

"No of course not!" 

"Do you love him?"

"Harry oh god no! I love you and only you. I promise and I'm so so so sorry," I said. The lump in my throat that I was trying desperately to keep down was forcing its way up.

"Ok well then we're good," Harry said standing up and reaching his hand out to me. I stared at his hand, not knowing whether I should grab it or what.

"Wha- what?" I stumbled over my words as Harry dropped his hand and went to grab my purse that I had dropped to the floor when I got in the room.

"Mistake happen Carter and as long as you promise it will never happen again we're good," He said shrugging. I had to remind myself to close my mouth after it fell open in surprise. This was definitely not the reaction I thought I'd get from Harry after I told him I cheated on him.

"But I.. I cheated on you."

"Yeah I know and I am a little frustrated about it but like I said we can't let one minor mistake ruin everything we have together." Something wasn't right here. Harry had gotten pissed off at Niall at the family reunion for sitting next to me but now that I kissed a guy he acted liked it was no big deal.

"Harry, what?" My mind had yet to process everything and I was swimming in my thoughts.

"Come on babe," He said almost laughing, "we've made the drive wait long enough."

"You're not mad?" Harry shook his head no as we walked out the door. His arm was proudly wrapped around my waist as we moved through the lobby. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone watching us. Turning slightly as to not alarm Harry I saw Marco watching us exit the hotel. I turned forward and held onto Harry's coat. I was happy he didn't leave me. I remember how lost I was when Harry and I broke up when he uh... cheated on me and I couldn't imagine going through that heart break again.

Harry hadn't searched how long the drive from Venice to Rome was so he was quite surprised the trip would take 5 hours. The poor driver got Harry's wrath as he took out his frustration about his lack of good planning. I was able to calm Harry down and by that time it was around 10:30 in the morning.  

 After two and a half hours of driving I had fallen asleep on Harry's lap. That morning's events had taken their toll on me. I was both physically and emotionally drained in the 30 minutes it took for everything to occur. The next thing I knew I was being shaken awake by the familiar large hand that covered my entire shoulder when it touched me. 

"Babe I got you something to eat," Harry said with a smile. It still felt weird that he had forgiven me so quickly but I was trying my hardest to not think about that.