Chapter 14 - Jackpot

The rainy season has ended and summers here at last..

But...

"It's too , H-O-T !!"  Miyoko lays lifelessly in the living room floor..

"This years summer is going to be crazy..." said Kasumi while using a paper fan..

"Right ?" said Tegemi while fanning her blouse..

"To make matters worst , the air-conditioning is not working ..said Miyoko while rolling left in right in the floor.

"I did call a technician , he'll be on his way , i guess , but please try make do with the fans as best as you can.." she exclaimed..

"Where's Yomiko when you need her..."

"She's at her studio now , why Mina what do you want from her ? " Miyoko asked..

"Not her , but we seems to be really in need of her fans , right about now..."

*sound of crickets echoes the room*

"It's too , H-O-T !!" Miyoko lays lifelessly in the living room floor..

"This years summer is going to be crazy..." said Kasumi while using a paper fan..

"Right ?" said Tegemi while fanning her blouse..

(No response , huh?i know it's really hot but just felt a slight chill right now..)

The heat is really putting everyone on the ropes (I really wish i could fix the air-conditioning unit but i'm afraid instead of fixing it , i might actually blew it up..and at these conditions..)

"Whew ' it's really hot in here huh' ?" Raika just walked in..

"Ooh,,i'm melting.." said Miyoko while lazing around the floor..

(The end result everyone's barely wearing anything..to put it bluntly i'm feeling hot for a whole other reason..)

"What's going on Mina ?" Kasumi asked when she noticed him turning red..

"Huh ? , uh , oh..it's really hot here huh ?" he smiled awkwardly.

Just then Miyoko, seemingly in the verge of collapse said..

" I want an ice cream..."

"Oh! ice cream , that's a great idea." Raika agreed..

"I'll go pick some up , i'm going to the shopping district anyway.." Kasumi volunteered..

"Thanks Kasumi , you're a life saver.." Miyoko smiled

"You're exaggerating " she smiled

"Why don't you go help her out , Mina." Tegemi suggested 

"Huh ?!"

"Yeah the two of you should be able to bring back a whole bunch of ice creams.."

"So that's why , huh ?"(but if i stay here , i'm going to blow up my top..)

"Do you mind  , if i tag along Kasumi ?"

"Oh ,sure , i don't mind.." she said

Then she mutters something under her breath..

"Me and Mina , huh .."

"Hmn ? What was that Kasumi ?"

"Oh !' No n-nothing.."

Mina wondered why Kasumi's cheeks suddenly turned red..

(the heat must have get to him , what's up with this heat ?)