Chapter 21: Back into reality

*Brittney's POV*

I woke up from my dreams.. In the chair of some hospital room, except for Liam's hand was no longer intertwined with mine. He let go. I heard a nurse shuffling in. She gave me a pathetic smile. "Listen we're really sorry about all of this. Not that it matters I'll probably lose my job after all of this." I don't understand.. "Why would you lose your job?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "Because... The doctor had a heart attack right in the middle of bringing your friend back to life.. And instead of working on your friend we tried to bring the doctor back, but it back fired and we lost the doctor. But your friend survived. And we had all workers working on the doctor.. That's why there wasn't any body to update you all.. Very unprofessional. Again we are so sorry." The nurse answered pathetically. WAIT. WHAT! "Liam? Liam's alive?" I said jumping out of my chair. "Yes, I am.. Don't you remember last night?" Liam said getting pushed into the room in a wheelchair. My eyes became cloudy and I instinctively jumped up with tears coming down my eyes. I jumped straight into his lap. Forgetting for a moment that he's hurt and in a wheelchair. He ignored the pain though. My little fighter. I wrapped my arms around him, letting the tears flow out. Happy tears. "I didn't let go. You were my motivation to stay alive. The only reason I wanted to live. Just so I could tell you something." he whispered in my ear. I began crying more. "YOU DIDNT HAVE TO SAY THAT." I managed to choke out. Liam grabbed my face and held it tightly. If anyone else was as close to me as Liam is, with as many open cuts and blood every where I would have been disgusted. But it's different with Liam. I'm so comfortable with him. Crazy how things can change from me being the girl he was angered at because I was in his bed and he didn't know me, to now me being here on his lap in a wheelchair. Insane. "I love you. I need you. I'm so sorry for everything. Please just please forgive me, I've missed you so much. I can't be away from you any longer. I want to grow old with you. I want to buy you nice things, I want to love you." Liam said firmly. "What about Sophia... Your girlfriend?" I asked, remembering about her. "I will call it off. Just promise me you love me and will be mine." he said firmly. Without thinking I immediately grabbed his face and just kissed him. I pulled away. "Does that answer your question?" I asked smiling. "Yes. Yes it does." He said with a scratchy voice. First time I've seen him with a genuine smile on his face. The two nurses in the room were both smiling. The tallest one tensed up. "Uhm.. Sweetie you need to get off of him, he needs to relax. And the pressure of your body isn't helping." She said shooing me away. I stood up and went next to the hospital bed the nurses moved him into. He groaned at the slightest movement. "Where are the boys?" He asked as soon as he got comfortable. "They... think you're dead Liam. They all do. I did too. I thought last night was a dream. They had to leave they couldn't stay. But I couldn't leave, not until I got a proper goodbye." I said in a serious voice. "I'm batman. I still have fans to save, and you're one of them." he said with a little smile. I think my heart just melted. "What? Liam you already saved me the day I became a directioner!" I said squeezing his hand. "Call everyone and tell them the news and that I want to see them all." He said with a tear coming down his eyes. I did exactly as he said. Zayn first.

Zayn: Hey Britt.. How are you..? Perrie just got in, want us to come see you?

I took a pause before I answered.

Me: Yes. You both must get down here as soon as you can. Zayn, he's alive!

I heard screaming and shouting in my ear. Liam looked at me smiling.

Zayn: WHAT! Brittney be serious!

Me: ZAYN I AM. Here talk to him!

Liam: hey bro, batmans still kicking!

Zayn: LILI I LOVE YOU IM COMING RIGHT NOW!! Perrie my best friends still alive!!!

The line went dead and Liam was blushing.

*Liam's POV*

I couldn't help but blush at the fact that the boys were all flipping out that I was still alive. Louis even cried on the phone! It's nice knowing people genuinely care about me. And Brittney called my mum and dad to tell them everything that happened and that I'm getting better but I have to stay for a few days. Of course they're on there way straight to America. Along with my sisters. Brittney won't leave my side. Good thing my mum LOVES her. She was upset when it didn't work out. Andy! I have to call Andy!

"Hello!!!" I heard an excited voice say over the phone. There is a bunch of commotion in the background too. "Hey mate. It's me. Liam! I'm alive!" I said smiling. Brittney mouthed "who is that?" I mouth back saying Andy. She smiled and went back to her phone. "Oh! Sophia Liam is alive! Yeah. I'm talking to him! Oh, well mate I'll see you soon, good to know you're well! Sophia might stop by tonight! But of not tomorrow, love ya! Bye." He said hanging up before I could respond. It's like it never mattered. I never mattered.