Chapter 23: Purpose

Lucy POV

My eyes slowly fluttered open, being woken up by someone shaking me, and whispering.

Recognizing the two figure I shot up, asking them if they were okay, only to be greeted with soft shushing.

"Sheeeeeesh!" Lance slapped a hand over my mouth.

"Mom we gotta be quiet some weird people, who are stupidly leaving their guards down and sleeping, are holding us hostage!" Lance quietly exaggerated.

Looked over at Zerra who was sitting right behind him, with an almost disappointed look on her face.

"I tried to tell him, but he thinks I'm crazy." She merely said shaking her head.

Giving a sigh, I removed Lance's hand from my mouth, cupping his cheeks.

" Lance, sweety, you sister is right, these are my friends from that guild I told you about, remember?" I explained.

"Oh. Okay.....but if it's all true, is dad really? But he never gets sick!?".

"Yes. Its true but Its okay, your uncle Natsu and I are the only ones who won't get sick taking care of him so that's just what do alright?

"A-alright. But how did he get sick?"

Knowing my child had the had a high IQ like his father, hardly anything gets by him , to I unconsciously bit down on my lip preparing to tell him.

"Well, you see....*sigh*....it's because the barrier broke and your father doesn't do well with the out side world."

" why can't we just put it back up and be happy like we use to!" He almost shouted. Not knowing how to answer, I pulled him into a tight embrace and buried my cheeks into his alike blond hair .

"I wish could honey, I only wish we could." I said simply, 'but something tells me we can't'.

" speaking of Uncle, I should go check on them, so...I said standing up and passing them a basket of fruit, " eat up and stay here okay, and be polite to our guest if they wake up, promise?"

"- promise."
"- promise."

"Good, now I'll be back, stay here okay."

Getting nod from them as the mouths were now filled with fruit, I walk closer to Zeref and Natsu's direction. But upon seeing no one, I walked faster, and on arrival, saw Natsu's foot. 'So their on the other side of the tree huh?'

Upon circling the tree, I was shocked for a minute, but a content and warm smile found it's way to my face.

They were sleeping, Natsu's head on Zeref's shoulder, Zeref's cheaks buried in Natsu's hair. Peacful and youthful looks on their face.

' doesn't any of them age at all, heck they both got that baby face thing going on!' I giggle at my own thoughts and unfortunately ruined the moment, causing a stir from Natsu, and in turn causing a stir from Zeref which resulted in both of them slowly opening their eyes.

"Good morning boys, did you both have a good nights sleep?" I teased.

"-both?"
"-both?"

They answered still half asleep. Both turn to the sound of a voice, they both slightly jumped, making a space between them, both giving a slight blush.

"*giggles* you two are so cute.

"Good Morning Lucy." Zeref said looking away.

"Y-yeah morning." Natsu puffed looking away.