Chapter 32

Arie's POV

I watched Niall pick Zayn up by the throat and smash him on the floor.

"Help Arie!" Zayn coughed. I just shook my head and gave him a cool glare. He deserved every bit of pain being inflicted upon him. I shut my eyes tight and bit my lip to keep the tears stinging my eyes locked up right. "NIALL! GET OFF OF HIM!" Liam cried. "NO! HE KILLED KAIANN! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BREATHE!" he screeched, tears cascading down his cheeks.

"WELL KILLING ZAYN SURE AS HELL ISN'T GOING TO BRING HER BACK!" Liam yanked Niall off of Zayn, who ran for cover. I started to cry again. Kaiann didn't deserve this. Niall's furious face and red eyes faded away, and then was replaced with sorrow.

"You're right! My baby girl is gone forever." he sobbed. He slipped from Liam's grasp and curled into a ball on the floor. He looked so fragile and vulnerable, like if I touched him, he would shatter.

"Niall sweetie, it's ok. She's in a better place." I pointed to the sky. He glared at me. "Don't give me that bullshit. The only place she needs to be is in my arms, while she's holding our baby girl." he hissed.

I took a step back. "Wait, where is your baby girl?" Liam asked. "Harry has her." Niall whispered.

Just then, Harry walked in with a small baby carrier with a neutral expression.

"Niall, I know you were in a hurry,  but you shouldn't leave your child." he scolded softly. Since when was Harry a fatherly type? Niall stood up and took the carrier from him. "Sorry." he whispered.

"Niall,  that baby needs a nursery. I'll take care of the baby,  you go get some stuff for her." I gently picked up Kaiann Nicole and cradled her. She stared up at me with big blue eyes and gurgled happily. "I-I don't have the first idea on what a baby needs." he admited. I handed the infant off to Liam and put my hand on Niall's shoulder. "Then I'll help you." I smiled broadly. He nodded and grabbed a set of keys. "We'll be back in a few hours!" I called over my shoulder. We got in the truck and started our drive.

Niall's POV

I felt numb all over. I was still in shock. Kaiann never deserved this. Of course she was a little rowdy, but never rude.

I felt my lip quiver and I bit down hard on it. I was not going to cry again. Arie was right. Kaiann was in a better place.

I guess I looked pretty strange,  because Arie asked if I was ok.

"Yes,  I'm fine. Just thinking." I answered.

"Niall, you know you can talk to me. Think of me as a sister to confide in." she winked, trying to lighten the mood. I offered a weak smile as we pulled up to the Target.

"How much do you have?" she asked. I pulled out a wad of 100 dollar bills.

"About 5,000." I answered. She sat there, gaping at my large amount of money.

"I have a job Arie. I write songs to sell and give guitar lessons." I stated. She nodded and raced inside to retrieve a cart.

"I want to get her all the dresses!" Athena squealed. I chuckled. "I think a bed, food, and diapers are our main concern right now."

She smiled at me. "See? You know what you're doing!" I shrugged and looked at the cribs.

"I love this mahogany one." Arie gushed as she rubbed the shiny dark frame. "I agree." I lifted the box and deposited it in the cart. We grabbed some diapers, toys, and some other needed baby items. Finally,  Arie could shop for some baby clothes. She had a 500 $ dollar budget and she went to work.

"So much pink. So much glitter. So much ruffle." I gasped at the pile of clothes.

"Aw. Are you two new parents?" a perky salesgirl cooed. I looked down and tried to hold in tears.

"I'm actually his friend. His girlfriend just died today while giving birth." Arie explained gently.

"O-Oh I apologize." the girl stuttered. "It's ok." I choked out, wiping away my tears.

"We have everything Niall. Let's go." Arie took my arm and tugged me to the check out.

"Your total comes to 4,907.56. Do you need help taking this out?" a burly man coughed. "No were good. Thanks." I said. We loaded the truck and started back home.

I plopped down on the couch and sighed. That was supposed to be me and Kaiann shopping together. A knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I'll get it!" Arie sped to the door. She swung it open and we both gasped.

"Oh my god." I murmured.

***Authors Note***

who's at the door?!

Athena will be returning soon guys so sorry for my sucky inserts!

Kaiann