Chapter 8

Ressie's POV

Today was finally Friday! I was so excited for the weekend. I texted Dante earlier this morning saying "good morning handsome, I hope you have a wonderful day baby😘" He responded with a good morning text back. So far this day going really well I was in my criminology class waiting for lunch to come.

This class was by far the most useful class I have ever been in. Now I'm learning about how to profile people and what their actions can mean. During class I received a text from Dante.
Dante- Hey baby 😍 I just wanted to text you while I had the chance today, and say that I hope you have a wonderful day and everything will soon work out with your guy friend.
My guy friend? How the hell does he know about Duncan? I haven't told him anything about us!
So I decided to text him back
Ressie- Hey D! Thanks. How do you know about my "problems" with my guy friend?
He was quick to reply back with -
Dante- You've been upset lately and you told me that you were having problems with a guy friend and his girlfriend.
I looked through our texts and sure enough I did tell him. Huh. I guess between being stressed about school and Duncan I forgot that I told him.

I smiled and walked towards my locker. While I was putting my things away, I felt eyes on me.
I turned around and saw Duncan staring at me while Alicia was all over him.

I rolled my eyes and walked to Orianna's locker where she was waiting for me so we could to lunch. 

"You gonna tell me what the hell is going on between you and Duncan?" She asked me while we were waiting in line to get our food.
"Nothing" I said dismissively
"Baby girl, I know when my best friend likes someone and YOU like him." What the fuck? Where was this coming from?
"Orianna? What the hell? You think I like Duncan?" I gasped
"Fuck yes I do. Girl! You get so fucking jealous when you see him and little miss sex shop together. You can't even look at them when they sit with us at lunch."  She looked intently at me.
"1) I am not jealous of him and "little miss sex shop. I just don't like watching them practically have sex on the table while I'm trying to eat." I said sternly to her. I sat down next to her and we ate peacefully until we heard loud shouts. I looked around the table and saw that Duncan wasn't there and neither was Alicia.

Orianna and I went to go see what was going on. 
"Don't you ever fucking talk about her like that!" I saw Duncan push a guy to the ground and I looked around to see if him Alicia was around but didn't see her.  Who else would they be arguing about?  I turned towards Orianna "do you know who that guy is?"
" his name is Dean James. He moved here from some place in the South like Georgia or something." She whispered furiously
I turned back toward the fight and saw that Dean punched Duncan and he fell against the table. "You are the one treating her like shit, jackass!" He spat.

Duncan got in his face and pushed him "you don't even know her you dipshit!"
"She's talking to my older brother! He told me to look out for her!"
Last name James? Older brother? The hell?
They stopped fighting and turned towards me. "Is he for real Ressie?" I looked at both guys who were sporting black eyes and split lips with confusion. " I don't know him Duncan!" I stressed
"He seems to know you pretty good Rebecca." He said gruffly.
I shook my head at him and walked out of the cafeteria. They were fighting about me? I haven't talked to Duncan since Monday. It didn't make sense...

"Wait! Miss Lewis,wait! " I turned around to Principle Baker with Duncan and Dean behind him. " I need you to come to my office also." Groaning I slowly made my way behind them. Waiting in his office, I saw a gorgeous man come in through the office doors. He was in his Army uniform. He looked a lot like Dante... But that couldn't be possible could it?

"Sir you can have a seat next to Miss Lewis there." Oh damn. Oh shit balls.
"Excuse me, but is your name, Ressie by any chance?" He questioned me
"Uh- um..Yes?" What the hell? Why am I questioning who I am? " I mean uh yes I am, Ressie." I shyly smiled at the gorgeous man next to me.
"Oh damnit! I mean.. Shit. I didn't want to meet under these circumstances but uh... I'm Dante..."