Chapter 25

The nanny. She was 55, had her own kids, and had been doing this for the last 25 years.  She was such a sweet heart and I was grateful that my parents actually did something right. 

"Hola Senorita! Me llamo Senora Marie. I am the nanny!" Marie exclaimed

"Come in. It's nice to meet you ma'am. " I said softly 

"So, your parents told me that you might need some help while you are in school and with the baby." 

"Yes ma'am. I was blindsided last night and didn't have time to get diapers, formula, toys, or anything of the sort." 

"That's alright!! We can do that together if you would like." She smiled 

"I would love that!" 

"What's the little one's name?" 

"Declan ma'am." 

"No need for the 'ma'am'. Call me Marie! Let's go shopping!!!!!" She cheered

Words can't describe how happy I felt while shopping with Marie and Declan. She had bought a car seat with the bottom thing to attach in the car so we could safely get to the mall. After a few hours we had bought a crib, formula, bottles, toys, a play pen, a bouncer, diapers and whips, and more.  She told me that the bouncer and play pen would be useful in the future so it was better to buy it now instead of when I would actually need it so I wouldn't stress as much. 

Being with this woman for only a few hours, I trusted her more than I have ever trusted anyone this fast or easy.  I told her everything, from freshman year to Dante. She was so understanding and listened to me and held me. For the first time I actually felt loved by someone who was a parent figure. 

"Now, I know that there will countless restless nights but these moments you are going to cherish so much even when it seems like hell. You have my number and don't be afraid to call me at any time. I will be here before you go to school and I can leave when you get home, or whenever you would like me too. If you would like, I can also be here on the weekends." She explained. 

"Thank you so much Marie! If I need it, will you I be able to call you on weekends?..." I asked shyly 

"Si! Of course Mija! Like I said ANYTIME." 

"Gracias! It means it alot to me. More than you can probably understand."

 For the first time in my life, I felt like I had a parent. 

She was sure right about the restless nights. Declan woke up a few times throughout the night. First being hungry, then a wet diaper, then the little shit took a shit.  It was hard to know that I had to go to school with  little to no sleep. Motherhood at it's finest. 

"Buenos Dias baby." Marie smiled at Declan and reached for him so I could head out. 

" Have a good day Senorita!" 

"Gracias Marie. If I get to call you Marie, then you get to call me Ressie." I smiled and started heading towards the door.

 "Say goodbye to Mama, Declan." My heart swelled when she called me mama. 

That's right. He was my son. I was a mom now. I sure as hell was going to do everything in my power to make sure he felt loved and safe. He's only a 3 weeks old, My precious baby boy. He wasn't old enough to understand but it make it any less of a promise. I was going to make him loved. I was going to be a great parent.