Chapter 12

Ressie's POV

                     I woke up with a feeling that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I got it after I calmed down, thanks to Dante. Expecting to wake up next to him, I was careful when I turned over in bed.  He wasn't there.
I woke up to an empty bed.

Guess he wasn't as okay as he said he was last night... My thoughts stopped when I saw a note on the pillow next to me.

        Morning Baby, I went for a run this morning. Probably by the time you wake up, I'll have breakfast ready with your favorite
                   -Dante

    When I walked down stairs D was in his own world. If only I knew what he was thinking. The last thing I needed in my life was another person leaving when I was finally starting to feel safe with them.

________________________________

                     Dante's POV
              I couldn't stop thinking about her in my arms. If only she knew how much I wanted to be with her last night. I know, shitty moment to get turned on but, I- I just had this feeling when I held her while she cried. Talking to her for a month then meeting her, I just felt like I knew her for a longer time than I really have. She was the person could I be truthful with. I just couldn't, wouldn't risk her finding out about my past. She couldn't know about them. Me. If she finds out, it would ruin us.
________________________________

                         Ressie's POV

"Good morning!" I said happily
"Morning" he responded passively
I shook off a feeling of dread and fear. I didn't, I couldn't lose him over this.

"Um, thanks for the food and coffee." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Things must be okay then.

A few minutes passed before he broke the silence. "Do you wanna talk about last night?" He asked me cautiously

"I don't want you to regret whatever we have. I'm not sure how you'll react to what happened last night and I really, I really need you." I whispered. I couldn't look at him. I didn't want to see his eyes and see whatever emotion they held.

"I won't regret being friends with you Ressie. You got me baby." Okay, what guy uses "friends" and "baby" in the same sentence?

I pushed that thought out of my mind for now. We'll fix that later.

"Anyway..." I started "As you can see my "parents" aren't here. You won't meet them. They came home last night from being away in Paris for 3 years to tell me that they are having a baby. They don't want me. They never did." I choked.

He got up from his seat and picked me up to carry me to the couch. He held me and didn't say anything.

I should've felt scared about this because maybe he thought I wasn't worth dealing with but I felt safe. Loved.

Orianna was the only other person that I trusted enough to talk about my parents with. We lived in a small town, so everyone knew that I didn't have parents, but they didn't know the real reason behind everything.

I texted Oreo this morning and told her I had something to tell her. She freaked out. It's never good news when either of us says that.

I drifted off to sleep while he held me. I woke up to a scream.

"HOLY SHIT REBECCA JAY LEWIS YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!!!" Orianna yelled. Not the best way to be woken up!