Chapter 11

Ressie's POV
       My parents got here right as the clock struck 8:00 pm.

It was awkward to say the least.

"So,um Rebecca, how's school? Do you have a boyfriend? Please tell me you're careful when your having sex." My mother babbled.
I rolled w eyes and was reluctant to answers right her. "School's fine. I don't it have a boyfriend and I haven't had sex. I'm still a virgin. How about we just skip the small talk and you tell me why you're here all of a sudden." I said
My parents exchanged a nervous glance.

"Rebecca we have big news." My father said

"Me and your mother are going to live in Paris permanently."  That's the whole reason they came here for? I figured they were gonna spend the rest of their lives there anyway. Or travel the world like they wanted before I came along.

"Oh honey can I tell her the other news?" My mom said excitedly

"Of course dear." My father said

"We're having a baby!!!! Well we have a surrogate but still, we're having a baby!!!"

Shocked. Rage. Confusion. Those all ran through me so fast I didn't know how to react.

"What?" I asked

"You're having another child? Another child that you can leave by themselves at age of 15 to live by themselves with no parents, no nanny, nothing, except sending them thousands of dollars every year so they can feed and cloth themselves AND  best of all to pay all the freaking bills that they shouldn't have to worry about until at least 18 years old but even then, most people have their folks to help them out. You're having another child just to do that all over again?" I was fuming by this point.

"Rebecca, watch your mouth, we are your parents." My father said angrily
I rolled my eyes before standing up.
"Get out of my house. Go back to Paris. Just send your monthly check so I can live MY life. Other than that, by all means, go fuck up another child's life."

My so called parents stood up and they were furious. Good.

"You will not to talk to us that way." My father spat out.
My mother put her hand on his arm to calm him down, she looked at me with regret in her eyes.
"We're only telling you because we want to try to get this right. We want to do this over again. We want to actually be there for them." She said.
This made it worse. I thought parents were supposed to love their kids? What happened to that? Ha. I was dead wrong.

"The only way you can "be there" for that child is if you give your life for them! You can't travel every other week and not see them. They won't know who you are by the age of 3. Hopefully by the age of 8 or 9 they figure it out for themselves. Teach themselves how to cook and what not. You have to actually bathe them, go to their sport events or whatever they like. Soothe them when they cry. Not just up and leave every chance you get. Now get out."

I didn't acknowledge their protests as I ran up to my room.
My cell phone rang and I saw that Dante was calling me.

I prayed that my voice didn't sound like I was crying.

I wasn't ready to tell him about them. Honestly who wants to be with someone that their own parents don't love?

I answered the call pushing my thoughts away, at least I thought I did.

"Baby? Ressie? What's wrong love?" He was really concerned or at least he sounded like it.

"I- I, I just want you to come over please." That's when I couldn't hold it in any longer. I broke down on the spot.

He knocked about 20 minutes later. I opened the door and lead him in.

He carried me up the stairs and to my room while I just cried on his shoulder.

He won't want me after this. After he finds out that my parents don't even want anything to do me, how will he want too?

This made me cry even harder if that was even possible.

"Shh baby, it's alright, it's gonna be okay. I'm here for you." He said soothingly

I looked at him and he wiped a stray tear away.

"Can you tell me what made you cry?" He asked

"I-I" Damnit. I got chocked up again.

"It's okay my love. Just go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning." He said while brushing my hair to the side.

"Will you stay with me? I- I really need you." I whispered

"I'm not going anywhere Ressie." He kissed my forehead and I fell asleep.