Chapter 15

Ressie's POV

Waking up next to him was the best feeling I have had in a long time. The sense of security he gave me was something I have been trying to find, since my parents left me 3 years ago.

I've learned a lot about being on my own. Learned who to trust and who not to. How not to be so reliable on someone but just enough to survive. How to see past people's flaws and not to judge them based on something they can't help.

Most people didn't expect me to graduate. They didn't think I would get my act together. I did tell Dante about my past, just not all of it. I didn't want to unload everything at once on him.

No one knows about my whole past, not even Orianna.

You see, I've lived in this town my whole life, but since my parents' jobs kept them moving, every summer I traveled. They hired a few nannies to watch me while they were at work.

One summer when we were in Brazil at 13 years old, I had a nanny named Rico. He was 26 at the time. He... He used to beat me, called me names and always said I fell when my parents asked. My parents told me when I turned 14, that I couldn't travel with them. They said I was too much to handle, that I needed to grow up sometime and this was the perfect time to do so.

And a year later they left me completely alone.

No one knows that any of this happened, they just think my parents are crappy.

Which they are, but I just, am better off without them.

People think I'm playing hard to get since I haven't had a boyfriend before but there's always some guy after me.

Meeting Dante... It gave me a new perspective on relationships. Being without anyone to love me for most of my life, then meeting him, it's like it all fell into place.

I just hope he feels the same... I think I would fall apart if he didn't. I haven't opened myself up to anyone except Orianna. Even then I haven't told her everything.

I don't think I could ever open up about that. It's not just something you can randomly say in a conversation.

"Hey..." I looked up to Dante staring down me with a shy smile

"Hey" I said

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"I was thinking about us." I said honestly

He laid down next to me and looked at me with a curious look in his eyes.

"What about us?" He questioned

He pulled me so that I straddled his waist. I smiled down at him with a hopefully flirtations look on my face. He held my hips as I wiggled around to make myself comfy. I could feel him getting hard and his hands tightened around my hips. I smirked down at him

" I was thinking about how sexy you are and how I wouldn't have ever imagined finding a guy like you."  I bit my lip to keep myself from letting him know how worked that I'm getting

He smirked up at me  with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. He raised his hips to meet up with mine. This time I couldn't help the moan that escaped from my mouth.

He laughed and I grinded into his hips which made him groan my name.

This time it was my turn to laugh. He growled and flipped me over. He grinded his hips into mine and it felt so good that I couldn't stop my hips from raising up to meet his.