Peter and Wendy

Wendy's P.O.V.

Growing up is a tricky thing. It has been a week since I moved out of the nursery. Peter left me with one decision. Grow up or stay a kid forever, in Neverland. I have made my decision; I am going to grow up. I know moving out of the nursery was for the best because I need to grow up, everyone does. I just need to tell Peter.

----

Once everyone is asleep I slowly crack open my door and tip-toe through the dimly lit hallway to the nursery. When I open the door I see that John and Michel had been waiting for Peter to come but had fallen asleep by the window. So I wait as well.

Two hours have passed and it is three o' clock now, right as I finally decide to give up and head back to my room I hear a tap on the window. I spin around and there he is. Peter Pan.

"Wendy?"

"Peter!" I whisper-yell, I run and pull him into a tight embrace.

"You came?"

"Of course I did."

"Have you made your decision?"

"Um y-y-yes," my palms got sweaty and I lost my words. I don't know how to tell him, so I just blurt it out, "I have decided to grow up"

"Oh" is all he says. His face is sullen and my heart drops.

"But we both knew this was going to happen right, I mean, I have to grow up." I reply nervously.

"But why?!" he retorted "You're still going to visit the nursery and tell stories right?" He looked hopeful which made it so hard to tell him.

"Well no... I guess it's a part of growing up, but -"

"Why?" Peter cut me off. "Why do you have to grow up?! I just don't understand! Just come to Neverland with me! You and your brothers, where we never have to grow up!"

"I just can't. Everyone is supposed to grow up!" Why couldn't he understand? I could feel anger boiling inside of me but I remained calm. "I will never forget our adventures and you can still have more with John and Michel while they are young."

"But don't you understand Wendy?! It just won't be the same without you."

My heart dropped. I didn't know what to say, all that came out was, "Oh Peter."

"But hey, fine by me! You can go grow up! I can easily replace you!" he snapped.

His words stung. Before I could say anything he took off and disappeared into the night. I ran back into my room, tears welling in my eyes. Did he mean what he said? He had to. I guess this too was a part of growing up. I need to forget him. I need to grow up.

---

Peter's P.O.V.

I was so hurt when she said she was going to grow up. But I meant nothing I said. But if she said she was going to grow up and eventually forget about me, then I guess I had to forget about her too.

---

It has been a month since I had been back to the main-land and I too had an important decision to make. My heart aches without Wendy; I didn't realize I cared about her so much. Too much. But there was a lot for me here too; Tinker-bell, the lost boys, Tiger Lily and the mermaids. But I was going to follow my heart, if I was going to be with Wendy, I was going to have to grow up.

---

"Tinker-bell! Boys!" I called out "I have an announcement to make!" I haven't seen them since I had last talked to Wendy. When I got back I stayed up in the tree-tops, just thinking. A few seconds after I called everyone came flooding in the room.

"Peter!"

"You're back!"

"Do you have more stories?"

"Is Wendy with you?"

"Yea, what about John?"

"Or Michel?!" all of the lost boys called out.

"Hold on everybody! Now about Wendy; she um... decided to grow up." A smirk spread across Tinker-bell's face and my blood began to boil. "But that's not the only news," I said, everyone gave me a puzzled look. "I umm..." wow this was harder than I thought "I have also decided to grow up." All of them went silent, well, all except one little fairy.

"WHAT!?" No one has ever heard her really talk before; we only heard her soft little bell noises. "You can't! Oh I knew from the beginning that Wendy was terrible, ugly news! You can't Peter, you just can't run off with that little witch."

"Don't you dare talk about her that way!" I said, fire sparking within me.

"I knew I should have just killed her myself! I thought we were friends Peter, and we were always going to be by each other's side! A team!" The lost boys just watched in shock.

"Tinker we are, well were, a team! Don't you want what's best for me?! For me to be happy?!"

"Not if it's with her I don't!"

The fire inside me ignited, "Maybe it's a good thing I am going to grow up! You didn't truly care about me all along!" I yelled. "Boys I will miss you all so much, I wish you the best. Stay safe." I said my quick goodbyes, grabbed some belongings, a bag of fairy dust and I flew off. Off to Wendy.

---

Once I got back to the Main-land I realized that I didn't have a real plan. So I wandered around the streets of London for a while. Looking for a plan maybe? No one was really out considering it was around midnight. But call it fate, luck, or call me crazy but on that night there was a young couple walking back to their house. From the cinema? From dinner? From the grocery store? It didn't really matter. They had everything they wanted. Except for one thing, a kid, a plan. Me. I was the plan they needed, and they were mine. From then on, I had a plan. I was going to grow up with them and once I had gotten old enough, I would go and find Wendy.

Thanks for reading! This is my first book on Wattpad. It was hard to begin this story so I know the beginning was a little rocky. It will get better, I have already written the next few chapters and I basically know where I'm going with this story but I would love feedback, comments and votes. :)