-Chapter 8-

Woah an update on time! Enjoy :)

Wendy’s P.O.V.

I expect Connor to immediately start yelling, but he doesn’t. He looks too angry to yell.

“Wendy may I speak with you outside?” he asks in a low voice. Although it doesn’t really sound like a question, more like a command. I just nod, too nervous to speak. But why am I nervous? I shouldn’t have to be. He ditched me. He left me to go, god knows where. All I did was eat ice cream at a crappy Dairy Queen with a friend. We walk to the end of the street before he starts talking.

“Where the hell were you?” he says angrily, but still not quite yelling.

“I was at Dairy Queen.”

“With whom?” he says, teeth clenched.

“Peter.” I answer honestly, no use in lying to him – he already knew.

“Why the hell were you with HIM?”

“He is just my friend, calm down.”

“Calm down?!” now he was yelling. “How can I can I ‘calm down’ when my stupid naïve girlfriend is out with some guy she just met who probably just wants to get in her pants?!” Ouch.

“How can you say that to me?” I’m yelling in my head but in reality my voice is shaky and crackly and I’m trying to keep from crying.

“I know that asshole likes you.”

“Conner please, he doesn’t-”

 “Then prove it to me.” He says lighting a cigarette.

“What?”

“Find a way to prove to me that he doesn’t like you.”

“Um, ok I guess I could try and-”

“Don’t try. Do it. Or else.” He says flicking his cigarette to my feet. Then he gets in his car and drives away. Did he say “or else”? Is he threatening me?

I know it's short, sorry. It's mostly a filler chapter leading to all the things I want to do. :)