-Chapter 5-

Guys! I have been gone for a long time I'm so sorry! I hope I didn't lose any of you guys. School has swallowed me whole and my internet is acting up. Sorry guys but now I'm back. Enjoy :)

Peter’s P.O.V

The next week passes by pretty fast and before I know it, it’s Friday. In the week I got to know Nicky, Amanda and Hannah pretty well; we’ve been studying together every day after school. I’m pretty sure Hannah has a thing for me, I might ask her out sometime to get my mind off of Wendy. I have lunch with Wendy and her friends every day. Connor hates me, as per usual. Football tryouts are after school. When the bell rings I head straight to the field and I see Connor and his friends already warming up. Wendy is sitting on the bleachers talking to Annie, she looks beautiful as always.

“Hey,” Connor spits “why don’t you stop drooling over my girlfriend. Do me a favor and stay the hell away from her.” He says and shoves me.

“Why don’t you stop being such a douche.” I say under my breath.

“What was that?!” Connor yells.

“Nothing.”

“It better not have been!” Wendy must have heard our yelling because when I look back up at the bleachers she is staring at me with concerned eyes. I smile at her and she flashes a weak smile back.

Connor keeps his beady eyes on me all of tryouts, but I ignore him. He shoves me or trips me every time he has a chance. Other than that I think tryouts went pretty well. After tryouts Connor rushes to Wendy. He pulls her into his arms and kisses her. His hands wander all over her and he kisses her for way too long, Wendy tries to break the kiss and move his hands, but he won’t have it. He tightens his grip on her and kisses her harder in a way that looks painful. At this point she is trying to get away from him, I was about to step in when he releases her and she stumbles back and almost falls. Wendy looks embarrassed and like she wants to cry. I would do anything to hold her in my arms right now and tell her that everything is going to be ok.

“See-ya Wendy. I’m gonna go grab some pizza with the guys.” He says, as if nothing had just happened. Everyone follows him so Wendy is left alone on the bleachers. I start making my way up to her and when I get near her I could hear her little sniffles.

“Hey Wendy.” I say softly.

“Oh, hi Peter.” She says and quickly wipes her face of tears.

“Um, how are you?”

“Oh, I’m ok.” She says putting on a weak smile.

“I kinda saw what happened with Connor.”

“Oh,” her voice cracks “That was nothing. Don’t worry about it; he was just, um, exited because of tryouts.” I really just want to hug her.

“You wanna go get ice cream or something?” I change the subject.

“That would be great.” Her face lights up as she says it.