-Chapter 14-

OH MY GOD WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? Ugh my laptop still doesn't work and I forgot my watt pad password for the longest time and was unable to log in. I guess I'll just do mobile updates from now on, which means I probably can't do chapter dedications anymore. Bleh I'm so sorry. That doesn't mean that comments and votes mean any less to me though! Getting feedback is the best! Anyway here's the chapter that you have been waiting ever so patiently for.

Wendy's P.O.V.

I'm honestly surprised when Peter's lips hit mine, and it takes me a while to react. I start to think; he cares about me so much. He treats me right. And all this time I didn't realize how much I cared about him too. I guess I take a little too long thinking because he starts to pull away slowly. His cheeks are flushed with embarrassment and his eyes hold regret and worry. I mentally slap myself for not doing anything. He starts to ramble an apology in a shy tone of voice.

"I'm sorry Wendy, I don't know what I was thinking. Well I guess I was thinking that you look really beautiful. I - I just really wanted to kiss you and I thought that you might have wanted to too. I -" My thoughts are racing, but I stop him from talking by placing a kiss on his lips. His lips are soft smooth all around until I feel the cut in the corner of his bottom lip. My heart and thoughts are racing, and it feels as if I'm going to explode.

I start to run my hands through his hair and he moves one hand to cup my cheek and another hand down to my waist. I decide to move so that I'm sitting on his lap facing him. He pulls back for a moment and looks into my eyes. I lightly run my thumb over the split part in the corner of his lip while my other hand gently moves the hair covering his eyes.

He looks down at my lips and a strange force of gravity seems to be pulling us together again. This time our kiss is more soft and sweet as his hands move to the small of my back. He starts to lower me to the bed until I can feel the soft fabric against my back. I start to run my hands down to the hem of his shirt and lift it up off of him, breaking the kiss. Once his shirt is pulled off I stare at his beautiful eyes and pink lips. When my eyes travel down I see his bruises. They cover his chest and ribcage in small and large deep purple circles. He is sitting slightly upright now as my hands slowly move up to his chest. His breathing hitches as my fingers start to trace the bruise patterns covering him. When my fingers run over one of them, he winces, causing me to quickly pull away. Emotions start swirling inside of me.

"Peter." my voice comes out in a pathetic crack. He looks at me with sympathy. I gently pull him down into a hug; my arms at his neck and his at my waist. I let my head rest on his shoulders as I talk. One of my hands goes to his head only to find a large closed up cut. Tears start to freely flow from my eyes. My emotions involuntarily start to pour out of my mouth as well.

"When I saw the blood on your head I was worried that you weren't going to be okay." I say in a small voice. "It would have been all my fault." I add with a whisper.

Peter plants a kiss on my cheek before saying, "I don't want you to feel so bad. It isn't your fault, it's his." He says, referring to Connor. "And I would do it again and again. I want to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt." He says as he moves his hand to the spot where my bruise is. "You being hurt, hurts me so much more than any amount of punches or kicks from Connor." I pause, letting his words sink in. He's cared about me all this time.

"How could I have been so blind?" I ask myself out loud. After about a minute, Peter responds.

"I dunno. I guess it's just because we don't want to admit things to ourselves because we know it would hurt more that way."

"Mmm." I say, acknowledging his words, but not having the strength to say anything else.

"But I swear Wendy, I'm not perfect, but I'll never treat you wrong. I'll keep you safe." I lean back so I can look into his light blue eyes.

"How did I get so lucky to deserve you?"

"You deserve the whole world." He remarks with a grin on his face.

"See!" I playfully say back. "You say sweet stuff like that and make me feel like a girl from one of those cheesy romance movies." I giggle. We sit there in comfortable silence for a while, just holding each other.

"I should probably put my shirt back on before my mom walks in." He says as he gets up.

"Boo." I say with a sarcastic smirk. Peter laughs at me.

"You're a dork." He says playfully as he slips his shirt over his head. "Are you gonna stay for dinner?" He asks.

"I wish I could, but my mom wants me home by 7 for 'family dinner time'" I look over at the clock on his wall and see that it's already 6:00. "I can still stay for another 45 minutes or so." I tell him. He walks over and sits next to me.

After he sits down on the bed and I take the opportunity to lay on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. I look up at him and he smiles at me. We sit in comfortable silence for a while before we start talking. He puts on a mindless cable T.V. action movie to have on in the background. He also decides to feed me pieces of candy like I'm a toddler or something, not that I mind. We find ourselves laughing as he feeds me the candy, occasionally missing my mouth and hitting me on the nose on purpose.

When 6:45 rolls around I reluctantly say goodby to Peter and head down the stairs. I say, "Thank you so much for having me" to his parents and I walk out the door.

I start to head to my car and a sense of dread hits me; I have to talk to Connor. I have to break up with him; and I have no I idea how he's going to react.

This chapter kinda sucks I'm sorry :/ I absolutely love all of you that are still actually reading this story!