-Chapter 16-

Hi lovely readers! I just realized this story has almost 2k overall reads :D that's amazing! As always, hope you enjoy :)

Wendy's P.O.V.
I sit on the cold concrete. School has to have ended at least 30 minutes ago. I feel like I'm forgetting something. I check my phone and see I have 1 missed call and a few texts; from Peter. Oh shit. He was supposed to give me a ride. I quickly stand up on my numb legs and start to jog to the student parking lot.
There are only a few cars in the lot, so I easily identify Peter's. I pull my jacket tighter on myself to block out the cold as I walk to his car. I knock on the car window and Peter hops out of the car.
"Wendy, hey." He says walking to my side. "Damn it's cold." He mutters as he opens the door for me.
I slide into the car and the warm air pouring from the vents covers me. Peter quickly slides in and shuts the door behind him. He rubs his hands together quickly in efforts to warm them up.
"So where were you?" He asks in a light voice while he turns up the car's heating. "I was starting to get a little worried." He says. I pause, staring out the window.
"Well after school I, umm, I went to break up with Connor." I say in a small voice. Words feel strange and heavy.
The car is silent for a minute and I don't have to courage to look up at Peter.
"Did he do something?" Peter questions. I stay quiet for a minute, but then something inside of me snaps.
"He said he never loved me." I choke out. "He accused me of cheating on him." I whisper. I turn my head and look into Peter's eyes. His brows are scrunched together and his eyes are pooled with concern. "He called me a whore." I say as tears start to pool in my eyes. "He called me a whore, but I never did anything. He was the one who cheated on me. Yeah, he cheated on me. The whole time I was completely in love with him and he never loved me back. It was all just a sick joke between him and his friends. I meant nothing to him. The past few years of my life have been a huge lie." My words are becoming rushed and I start to shake. Peter unbuckles his self and scoots across the front seat of the car. He pulls me into a hug and I rest my head on his shoulder. I take a huge breath in and let a shaky breath out.
"It's not even like I'm still in love with him, and that's why it hurts so much, but I just wasted years loving someone who didn't love me back. Months of my life that were lies that I can never get back." I say into Peter shoulder. A couple minutes of silence pass, and I'm starting to feel a bit better.
"God he is such a dick." Peter remarks. "I'm sorry. Try not to worry about him to much, he's out of your life now. I'll make sure he can never hurt you again. I'll keep you safe." He pulls me in tighter and I can feel my worries melting away. I believe him. I trust him. And at least for that moment, I felt completely safe.

Sorry it's kinda short. Oh whale.
Guys I need some help! I'm trying to think of a cute pet name that Peter can call Wendy... Feel free to comment ideas :D ily all <3