Imagine pt. 18:

After the show it was time to leave.  We all got on the bus and drove back to the hotel.  Everyone fell asleep.  I made sure that Darcey stayed awake so I could tell her what happened between me and Olivia.  She was stunned.  So was I, still.  Darcey fell asleep on the way, I couldn't.  I was thinking back to when we were friends, what did I do?  We grew apart around fifth grade.  That's still a long time to think back.  What?  Did I take her popsicle or something and is holding a grudge on me.  I couldn't think of anything.

          We suddenly stop, ah, we're here.  Mrs. Clayer woke everyone up one by one.  She locked eyes on Darcey sleeping and skipped us.  Huh?  What did Darcey do to annoy her this time?  I woke Darcey up and told her we had arrived.  She got up as expected and stumbled towards the door.

          I helped her back up to our room and slammed her on the bed.  Tomorrow is our last day in Paris.  I had to pack my bag for tomorrow, everything was everywhere.  I notice the panda still on my luggage with the necklace around it's neck.  I gently place it on the side so I could start packing.

          About 11:30 I heard a knock at the door.  Who could it be?  Jimin saying he was sorry?  Jungkook explaining his freak out?  Olivia?  I hope it was Olivia.  I open the door, it was Brooklyn and Asia.

"What do you two want?"  I groan.

Brooklyn starts off with "Olivia wants to apologize."

I was confused and opened the door even more "What?"

Asia concludes with "She said her actions were inappropriate and she was sorry."

I look at them up and down "I don't believe it."  and cross my arms.

"Shut up and stop being like that.  You're the one who made her cry."  Brooklyn says, her voice was way different.  Thicker like she was from New York or Massachusetts.

Brooklyn leaves without saying anything else.  Asia, who had her arms crossed just like mine, gives me the nastiest look I have ever seen.

"Just cause she's not here apologizing to you face to face, doesn't mean she's not sorry.  You're the one who should be on your knees and crying."  Her voice was high pitched and annoying.  Just like Brooklyn, from New York?  New Jersey?

So that's the real them, defending Olivia.  She must be really having a bad time.

I shut the door once Asia leaves.  I continue packing my bag with more thoughts rolling around in my head.

Ten minutes later I hear another knock at my door.  Who could it be this time?  I open the door to see Olivia sobbing.

"Is this what you want?"  She says.

I couldn't say anything at the moment.

"Want me to apologize in front of you.  Well, here I am."  She says waving her arms around.

I quickly snatched her left forearm and dragged her inside.

"Let go."  Olivia repeated, hitting me with her soft punches.

I pushed her on a chair and forced her to sit down.  I leave the room to look through Darcey's bag.  Clever.  I knew she always kept a bottle of gin in her bag.  I open the bottle and hand it to her.

"I don't want that."  She says and pushes it to the side.

"Just take a damn drink."  I say viciously and poked it towards her.

She grabbed the bottle and took a large drink like it was nothing.

"Had it before?"  I asked.

"When my parents got divorced."  She admits.

I was a moment of silence as she gulps down the bottle.

"I'm sorry."  I speak suddenly.

She slowly looks up at me and says "Thank you..  Even though you don't know what you did."

I cock my head to the right "How do you know?"

"You wouldn't be talking to Jungkook or Jimin."  She spills out.

I sit on the table in front of her and lean in "Tell me, what did I do?"

          She took a break from drinking and silently spoke.  "It was in fifth grade.  We had a new kid from Poland.  I fell in love with him.  You were always the pretty one and got all the guys.  He fell for you and not me.  I loved him, but he was enchanted by you."

"Same thing with Jimin and Jungkook.."  I compare.

She nods and sips some more gin.

"So that's why?  Why didn't you tell me to back away from him?"  I ask.

"You liked him.  I wanted you to be happy.  But not this time."  She shakes her head and rocks back and forth in her chair  "Not with Jimin and Jungkook."

I drop my head and played with my hair.  I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry."  She says.

I peek back at her and say "Don't say you're sorry.  I'm the one that should be sorry."

I pull her up from her chair and pushed her out of the room.  "Sleep well."

She tried to hand me back the bottle of gin which was almost empty.

"Keep it."  I say.  I'll pay Darcey back.

She walks away and enters her room.