FOUR

"What's this?"

"Um. None of your business?" I said and we walked away.

"Samathaaaa."

"Hey Dunlap." I said.

"Mr. McNeil."

"Mr. Dunlap."

"Was I right or was I right?"

"You were right." I said and rolled my eyes.

"You two happy together?"

"Yes." We both said and walked to our lockers.

"Sam."

"Amy."

"You told me you weren't dating."

"Shit happens and things change." I said and Izzy chuckled.
"What I've learned is that someone who truly cares about you,won't manipulate you. And make you stay away from your friends. He's my best friend and my soulmate. I know he loves me. I've known forever."

"I love you!" She said.
I shook my head and the bell rang.

"See you at lunch?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed my cheek and I shrugged at amy.
We went to class and she followed me to my seat.

"I don't get why you're so mad."

"You know how I feel about you."

"And you knew how I felt about you. But you ripped my heart out and ate it. I can treat you like shit because you did the exact same thing. Who would've thought that healthy relationships can happen after unhealthy ones? I'm happy."

"I want you to be happy with me."

"That's impossible. When we were together I was miserable and you were all high and powerful. I'm not gonna get taken advantage of anymore. Now go sit down."
The bell rang and our teacher walked in.

"There's trouble in Amy world." He said.

"Ain't that the truth." I mumbled.

"She likes an ex who has moved on. And she is getting very upset."

"Thank you Dunlap." She said and put her head on her desk.

"How do you feel about it Samanthaaaa?"

"I don't know how her head works. But I think she's acting stupid. Your ex isn't interested anymore. You two broke up and they weren't happy with you. They're not going to sacrifice their happiness for someone like you." I uncrossed my arms and turned to look at her. "let them go." I turned back and pulled out my sticks.

I tapped a rhythm and drea would tap it back.
We went back and forth until I started repeating her. Then we started playing at the same time.

We ended and smiled at each other. We bro hugged and she whispered to me.

"I know about you and Izzy. It's okay if you cancel our date."

"No. Let's just not call it a date. You invite friends. I'll invite friends and we'll have a good time together."

"Sounds good." She said and I smiled at her.

"Thanks for being so understanding."

"It's a blessing and a curse." She said and we listened to Dunlap's school gossip.

The bell rang and I walked into the band room.
Ms Daniels was talking to someone important. The door is never closed.

She walked out with a smile.

Our percussion group was grouped together so we would just mess around with beats.

"Sam." Ms Daniels said.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Come with me."

"Alright." As I started walking everyone else looked at me confusedly. I shrugged and went inside of the office.

"This is Samantha Manchester. She's been our best percussionist since she marched up in eighth grade."

"You're talking me up an awful lot ms Daniels." I smiled.

"Sam. This is Mr. Carter. He is the manager for a. I'm sorry what was it?"

"Formation. The formation tour."

"Wait. Formation.. As in.. Beyoncè?"

"Correct." He said.

"Why me?"

"We wanted to give an opportunity to a younger person to show their potential. When we got into Oakland I heard a lot about you. So I had to come here and see you for myself."

"Oh. Cool."
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"So. You wanna show me what you got?"

"Let's go." I said and we walked out. I walked to the kit and drea threw me my sticks.