THIRTY SIX

Time skip.

Saying goodbye to the girls was easier than I thought. Since they told me they were staying.

I'm technically on my own now but not really.

I walked to the front of the bus and I saw Mia attempting to teach Teddy how to braid.
I chuckled and sat down.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"Not the best." Teddy admitted.

"Okay. Mia. Let me try this." I said. "You can be our test head though."

"Ooh yay." Mia sat in front of me and teddy watched.

"So we're gonna start with a simple three strand braid." I explained while grabbing the hair and braiding it.
"You think you're ready to try?"

"I think so." Teddy said and she did it.

"I knew you were a visual learner." I said and kissed the top of her head.
"Good job."

"Thanks mom."

"Mia. We have an interview in like two minutes." Nicole said not looking up from her phone.

"Let's do it out here. There's more room."

"Good idea." Nicole said. "Charles. Interview is out here."

"Coming!"
She walked out from the back with no makeup and I was stunned.

Teddy wiped my chin and closed my mouth.

"Thanks." I whispered and Charlie sat on my lap.
"It's unfair how beautiful you are."

She chuckled. "Thanks baby."
We kissed and Nicole answered the call.

Hey trifecta. The interviewer said.

Hi!

We're hoping that you are enjoying your much needed break.

Thank you so much. They all said.

So let's get to this.

All right.
Cool.
Mhm.

First question is for Charlie.

I'm ready.

You three have grown up into beautiful women in front of our eyes.

Aw thanks.

We can all agree that you guys have had a glo up.

Ain't that the truth. Mia said making us all laugh.

What can you say was your evolution?

Hmm. Well I can say that before X factor I looked like American apparel and urban outfitters threw up on me. Like I was extremely cookie cutter and didn't really step away from my comfort zone. Then as I grew up I realized that colors won't kill me and patterns aren't evil. So I'd say I'm a lot more bold and like to try new things.

Very insightful. Mia same question.

I was very baby girl. And when we first signed our contract I read that it was a part of my image for the group but Demi swooped in and transferred us to her label. I was allowed to expand on how I looked. While I still appreciate a good bow I don't think I'll be wearing them like I used to. Now I'm pretty basic. Like Charlie was.

Hey!
No shade boo boo.

Nicole?

I wore a lot of hats and things that made me look like a lesbian stereotype. That was also in the contract. Then when we switched labels I wear whatever I think looks nice.