TWENTY EIGHT

I woke up to a text from Charlie.

planet blue 👀:
Can we talk whenever you get up?

Me:
We can always talk

planet blue 👀:
Meet me in the ballroom?

I kissed Tana and teddy on the foreheads and left a note before I left.

I went down to the ballroom and Charlie was sitting on one of the tables.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah. Come here." I walked over and sat next to her.

"What's up?"

"There's something that I haven't told you.. um Nicole and I broke up about two years back."

"Really?"

"Yeah. We're close and still best friends though. We thought it'd be better if we just kept it quiet. Little kisses for the cameras y'know."

"Wow..." I said.

"And. I might have a small crush on you..."

"Oh wow. Wow. Huh. Wow."
I don't remember a thing after that. Until I got woken up in a hospital.
"What happened?"

"You passed out and kinda stopped breathing.." Tana said.

"Why?"

"Because Charlie said she was single and had a crush on you. It was a little too much for you to handle mentally."

"You talked to her?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

"I'm still not mad. Feelings are weird and everyone has them." She said. "I'm not the one you should be talking to though.."

Oh teddy.

"How did she find out?"

"When Charlie came back tot heir room teddy was in the bathroom and she heard it."

"Can she come in?"

"They said 16 and older."

"Wow. When am I getting out of here?"

"Soon hopefully." She said and Mia walked in.

"Hey you guys.." she said.

"Hi Mia."

"I'm here on behalf of teddy." She pulled out a piece of paper.
"Mom, I'm not mad anymore. I'm just very confused. Maybe it was because it was late or it was because there's something there between you two but were you really thinking of putting what we have here on the line? I thought we were good but you second guessed it. It sounds like I'm scolding you but I'm really not. I'm just trying to make any sense of this. Hopefully when you get out we'll be normal again."

I rolled on my stomach and sighed.

"Do you feel the same about her?" Tana asked.

"No. I don't."

"You don't?" Charlie walked in.

"when did my life become a corny teen fiction book?"

(I just got called out •_• -author)

"I think that if this doesn't get figured out I'm leaving."

"What?"

"It's obvious that you have feelings for her cause if you didn't. That wouldn't have happened!"

"Wow." I said and sat back. "After everything we've been through. You're questioning me."

"I'm not the one who almost kissed another gi-" Charlie pulled her as close as we were last night. "See how there's still space?"
Tana nodded.
"This is exactly how it went." She let go of Tana's arms and stepped back.
"That's what happened. That was our moment. If you're mad about that-"

"Stop!" I said.

"Why?" Charlie asked.

"I know my girlfriend and she's not buying this. So let her think what she wants." I said looking at Tana. "You wanna second guess me? Fine. Leave. The future of us is in your hands princess."
Tana didn't say anything.

"What do you mean?"

"I know what I want. I love what I have. You seem to be grasping onto any reason to take a break from this. Maybe it's me being skeptical but I can't help it. It's who I am."
She still didn't answer.
"Am I wrong?"

"I..."

"I guess this is over."

"What?!" Charlie exclaimed.

"You know where to find me." I said to Tana and she nodded.

"I'm so-"

"Don't be. You have feelings. Feelings are weird. I'm not mad."

"Thank you for understanding."

"I don't want you to move out. If we're gonna break up at least be there for my family."

"You got it." She said. "I'll talk to teddy."

"Okay."
When she left I just about broke down.

"I'm so sorry." Charlie said.

"Hey. Nurses say you can't leave until tomorrow." Nicole said.

"So I'm gonna miss the show?" I sighed. "This is a disaster."

"Don't worry. We'll cover for you." Charlie said and let go of me. I grabbed her hand and she stayed next to me.

My daughter and Mia walked in. Teddy ran to thee bed and I picked her up in my arms.

She cried and hid her face in my neck.

"Hey." I said and she looked up. "It's me and you okay? The world is just us now." She nodded and I kissed her forehead.

"If you wanna date Charlie. Do it but only if it makes you happy." Teddy said.

"It's a little soon. But we'll talk about it." I said and looked at Charlie. She gave me a small smile.