•34

Can you pictures my lady
This empty scene
There's no me or no you
What do we do?
An awful sight to me
If I ever lose you
Tell me where would I go
Life would have no meaning
And I pray that you always stay with me
You and I
Will never fall apart
You and I
We knew right from the start
The day
We felt so far in love
Now our babies are born
So healthy and strong
And now our dreams are reality
Forever our my lady
It's like a dream
I'm holding you close
You're keeping me warm
If this is ecstacy
Forever my lady
: Forever My Lady by Jodeci

                  Kyren P.O.V.

           My fingers moved swiftly across the piano. "So which song are we playing?" He asked.

           "I'll play and you sing," I told him.

            "You start off singing and I'll come in," he said. I nodded, then started playing.

             "Same bed, but it feels just a little bit bigger now. Our song on the radio, but it don't sound the same. When our friends talk about you, all it does it just tear me down."

            "Cause my heart breaks a little. When I hear your name. It all just sounds like," he came in.

           "Oooooooh ooh, ooh ooh, oooooooh," I sang.

          "Mmmm, too young. Too dumb to realize. That I should've bought you flowers and held your hand. Should've gave you all my hours when I had the chance. Take you to every party cause all you wanted to do was dance," he sang.

            "Now my baby's dancing. But she's dancing with another man." I sang as I kept playing. Then our front door suddenly flew open.

           "Kyren King! If you don't come get this bitch!" Lyric yelled pushing Kyron's mom into the house. Kyron and I just sat at the piano looking stupid.

           "You got one more time!" Lauren snapped.

         "Or what!" My mama snapped.

         "Mama chill. Don't disrespect her in her house. You have to respect boundaries," Lil King tried to explain.

         "All this bitch do is overstep her boundaries!" Kyron's mom snapped.

        "My boundaries? What boundaries? I knew the situation would take some getting used to, but damn Lauren. You ain't his wife anymore. I am. And ain't nothing moving until I sign shit. You hear me? Nothing. Not even your damn child," mama stated.

             "I came here for my money. Where's my damn money!" Lauren snapped.

          "King haven't you been giving her $5,000 a month for 17 years when he only stayed with you for five. He gave you a house, a car, and his time of day which you weren't even worth. Did that little week he spent with you make up for the whole two years he was fucking me during y'all four year marriage?" Lyric asked pouting. My mouth dropped.

            "Damn," Ky mumbled.

           "Oh one week. It was enough to send your son tumbling down some stairs and make him hate y'all," Lauren said. Without hesitation, Lyric slapped her so hard, spit flew from her mouth. Lauren held her face as tears welled up in her eyes.

            "Sore spot huh?" She asked.

            "No. I think I owe you an ass whupping!" Lyric lunged for her and I grabbed my mama.