4

it's been an hour since louis woke up. an hour since harry kept his mouth shut as he waited by the hallway. standing outside as if some kind of monstrous creature is inside the room. it has been and hour since his heart fell and shattered into a million pieces.

he can still remember the way louis stared at him, confusion written on his face. his once warm ocean blue eyes, now as cold as ice.

he wasn't his louis. he dreamt about zayn and started crying.

"who are you?"

those three words were on replay in his mind as his hands are fisted by his side. he wanted to punch the walls, to hurt himself--which he thinks is better than knowing that louis couldn't remember him.

"due to the damage that has been done to his brain, we're sad to say that he might not wake up sooner."

those were the words of doctor hemmings two months ago.

harry sat there, his back against the wall as he cried his heart out while waiting for niall or liam to come by.

"we're so sorry mister styles, but sadly, your fiancé has amnesia."

amnesia.

he ran upstairs, to where he knows he could let all his emotions go. the rooftop.

his lanky legs took gigantic steps, skipping a few steps on the stairs, often tripping on his own feet. as soon as harry reached the rooftop, he took a break to catch his breath. he was still in the midst of crying, his whole body trembling as he ran his hands through his hair.

he took a deep breath and screamed at the top of his lungs. he screamed until his knees were once again weak, giving up on him as he continues to cry.

"louis..." his voice shaky, "why..."

he lifted his head up and fixed his messy mane, looking out at the city below. it looks so peaceful, like everything was in its place.

but harry isn't.

inside and out, harry was a mess. he didn't know what to do and how to fix his shattered heart.

his phone vibrated as he received a call.

'incoming call: li'

he hesitated before answering.

"harold edward styles. where the hell are you?"

the boy bit his lip, trying his best not to cry anymore, "uh. hi li..."

"you okay?"

"pretty much."

he was used to putting up his walls, but he knows liam can see through it.

"i'm here at the room. where are you?"

"just... getting some air." he sighs, "i'll be down in a jiffy."

liam was about to ask what was wrong but decided against it. he can wait till harry appears there at the room.

harry ended the call and stared out into the city below. his thoughts were a mess.

and he is too.

---

the door creaked open as harry slowly entered the room where louis is. liam is talking with louis, while niall smiles as he watch them.

"hi."

all heads turned to look at the boy who stood by the door.

"hazza, come in!" niall beamed at harry.

they don't know.

louis watched him cautiously.

"liam?" louis voice was dry.

"yeah lou?" liam furrowed his brows. he was unable to read louis' expression.

"who's he?"

the irish lad and the hunk froze. he doesn't remember harry.

"oh. um." niall stuttered, he didn't know what to say to louis.

"i'm harry styles."

"and what are you to me?" louis' eyes still cold, yet full of curiosity.

harry bit his chapped lip, he didn't want to shock louis with the information he was about to tell. he also didn't want to cry anymore, he's drained. so drained.

"harry." he didn't even notice niall in front of him.

"oh."

"what's happening?" liam asks.

harry's gaze fell on the floor, "um. he... um... amnesia." harry stutters.

"a-amnesia?" louis asks.

"yeah." harry still couldn't lift his gaze to look at the three boys in the room.

"so... you're a friend?"

if louis could only hear harry's heart shatter into a million more pieces, he would have figured out how much he's hurting.

a friend.

"harry?" louis calls out to the green eyed boy. it sounds so good to hear his name rolling out of his tongue, but it doesn't feel the same.

"louis." harry lifted his gaze, silence filled the room and it felt like it's just louis and him.

"i'm... more than just a friend."

louis didn't respond. he just fisted his hands and sighs. harry can still remember the way he screamed at him earlier.

"where's zayn?"

that was what he asked harry earlier.

"harry." liam snapped him back to reality.

"i'm... sorry harry." louis apologizes, he can't believe this is his louis.

niall rubs his back, soothing him for a bit. he smiled at niall, as if he was thanking him for calming his thougts down even for just a bit.

"i'm sorry i couldn't remember."

he took a deep breath as he pinch the bridge of his nose, "it's alright."

liam raises his brow, as if he was asking him if he heard him right.

"b-but..."

"lou, it's okay." he pauses, fiddling with his shirt, "i can't blame you for something you couldn't control."

he walks over to the side and picks up his bags.

"i'll be going now."

---

THANKS FOR READING! VOTE, COMMENT.

ALL THE LOVE.