26

harry and louis drove zayn to the hospital. the nearest that they know of. louis wasn't shocked that harry was also worried, he knew that the boy has a heart and would help anyone.

he's basically a superhero.

"drive faster, lou." harry rolls his eyes.

"fookin' shit!" he curses as he honks at the car in front of them, almost hitting it. almost.

"careful now, baby." harry pats his knee.

they were really anxious. what happened to zayn wasn't really common for them. it's not like liam walks in and collapses right after. no.

zayn was a complicated topic for them, louis knew that. he knows that he shouldn't ask why harry suddenly was very frantic about getting zayn to the hospital.

harry on the other hand, was worried since zayn was his old pal. he was also the guy who kissed him unexpectedly not long ago, but more importantly, zayn became his shoulder to cry on earlier.

"who was that?" harry asked, his voice a bit softer but with jealousy hanging on to it.

louis would be lying if he said he didn't feel that. he knew harry was jealous, but he couldn't pinpoint why.

"who?" he asks harry once they parked at the emergency area of the place.

harry raised a brow. of course louis didn't know he saw them. him and the birthday boy.

"cal."

"cal who?" he groans as he goes out of the car.

louis wasn't in the mood to talk, he just wants zayn safe.

he went inside the hospital to call some doctors and nurses, leaving harry and zayn behind.

harry on the other hand, was busy staring at the thick and long eyelashes of zayn malik. zayn, his best friend and his rival when it comes to louis before.

he sighs, still staring at the boy with tattoed skin. not a moment later, he found himself tracing zayn's facial features with his index finger.

he snapped out of it and stared in front of him, but the shuffling of zayn beside him made him look at the boy again. zayn was now awake, looking up at him for he was laying down at harry's thighs.

"harry?" his brows furrowed, still in the same position. his voice raw and deep.

"hi." harry smiled sheepishly.

zayn sat up straight, confused where they are. he searched harry's face for answers, but of course, he woulnd't find any. harry played with his thumb, nervous.

"hey, are you okay?" he asks the curly lad as he held his cold hands, "your hands are freezing, mate!"

zayn was worried for the boy, so he ended up hugging him tightly. zayn was warm with the scent of mint and tobacco. he wasn't shocked, he knows zayn smokes.

"zayn..." he smiled, "it's... like how it used to be."

zayn nods, his stomach churning due to the guilt. should he tell harry? he ran his hands through harry's hair, smiling. he loves the fact that harry and him are here, just... quiet. but it wasn't awkward, it was comforting.

he cups harry's face and stares at his emerald eyes. his dark ones giving off a burning gaze.

"haz." he licks his lip as his gaze falls on harry's lips.

he leans in, cupping harry's face a bit more, leaning in to capture harry's lips in between his. the kiss was slow and soft, harry pushing zayn away but he was cornered. he was blown away with the kiss. the minty taste of his lips made harry want for more.

he knew this was wrong. he was louis' ex, not to mention his old best friend. he should stop, but he couldn't. the kiss drove him wild.

he felt zayn's tongue dart out to touch his lips. he parted his lips making way for zayn's tongue but it was soon pulled away.

his eyes shot wide, louis was outside the now opened car door, zayn with him. louis was beyond furious with what he saw.

"what the fuck!?" he screams, "how could you!?"

harry stuttered. he didn't know what to say. the kiss was great, but it wasn't zayn on his mind. he was far off from earth.

"louis--"

"cut the fookin' crap, harrey." louis cursed.

"hey, mate." zayn stood up, looking at louis, "you're the one who should be cutting the crap. it was a meaningless kiss!"

"meaningless? oh for fucks sake, zayn!" he shoved the boy's chest making him stumble backwards and leaning at the car.

"louis!" harry exited his side of the vehicle, stumbling over as he hurriedly went to louis.

"don't you dare tell me that it was meaningless. he would never kiss you if it wasn't nothing." louis snarls.

"but louis, it was nothing! and, he kissed me!" harry argued.

"is this gang up on louis day?" he spits at the ground, "fuck you both. and to think i was worried for you, zayn."

louis stormed off, shutting close every opened door before getting in to start the engine. he honked, zayn getting back up on his feet.

louis reversed the vehicle, zooming out but not before flipping them off.

"harry--" zayn stood by harry's side.

"no, stop." he sobbed, "i just want to go home..."

with that, he left zayn standing outside the hospital, speechless.

---

WE SHOULD CELEBRATE! 1.07k READS! YAS. I really wasn't expecting that, but... Thank you for those who read my book. I love you all.

All the love, xx