Ch. 11

im so sorry for not updating all weekend, but this chapter is extra long so enjoy x

*   *   *

Since the horse accident, Tom has put me on call duty. Its boring and slow. I wanted to ride, that's why I took the job. I had extra time for school work and keeping up on my social media websites, and my iPod has been over worked for the last three hours I've been here. I haven't talked to Harry in three days, and it feels weird without him constantly nagging me or teasing me about some irrelevant thing he makes up. 

As distant as it feels, I was so pissed at him. Seeing another girl when he was with me? He wasn't with me, per say, but it was enough. At least I thought it was. Maybe I was just another fuck buddy he picked up at a frat party. The words he said to me pounded against my heart like a army. He couldn't have just said that, and not put any meaning behind them.  It angered me that someone who I thought was just a one night stand could mean so, so much more. I wouldn't say I was in love, but I think I'm getting there.

The only problem is me. I don't feel ok trusting him. I know I should, but it just doesn't feel.. right. And I'm not trusting him again until he gets his fucking act together. I'm not going to go in circles in a make up break up cycle. Last time that happened, the bastard took all my money and went off to some country with his plastic bimbo of a blonde.

I snapped out of my trance, "Hello, this is the county ranch. How may I help you?" I said, like a tape recorder, into the phone.

"Hello, yes, I was wondering what times you're open for riding." A woman said, she sounded like a elderly lady over the phone.

I plastered a fake smile to my face, not that she could hear me, but I needed too look happy to sound happy. "The rides are from 6:30 am til' 8:45 pm, ma'am."

"Oh, so polite! If we were face to face I would tip you, dear!" She gushed over the phone as I smiled for real. 

At least I could make someones day better. 

"Well, I believe I will be coming in later with my granddaughter. Thank you so very much for the information, deary. Goodbye now!" She sounded slightly happier over the last words she said to me.

"You're welcome ma'am. Goodbye." I placed the phone into the receiver and laid my head on the back of my chair.

Its going to be a long day.

I smiled as I watched a horse walk by the small office window, the rider waving at me as I did the same. It was a peaceful job, most of the time. The phone buzzed again.

"Hello this is-"

"Is your TV running?" Someone said, then laughing.

I paused, "Um, we don't have a-"

"Dylan! Dumb ass! Its 'is your refrigerator running'! Not your TV!" Someone else shouted as I laughed.

"Do you want me to hang up and you can try it again?" I asked, trying to sound a little serious.

"Please.?"

I laughed again as I hung up. The next second the phone went off.

"Dylan?" I answered as he cursed and his friend laughed.

"Is your refrigerator running?" 

"There is no refrigerator here." I smirked.

"Damnit. Ok. Bye." He said.

I heard someone being smacked, then laughter. "You don't say goodbye on a prank call, stupid!"

I laughed again and hung up.