31

It's been a month since I spoke to Travis. I hope he's okay. Well next week is winter break. We haven't gotten any snow yet. I was glad because I wanted to wear my adidas.
   Travis sat next to me in class. He wore a gray hoodie and black sweats. He still looked cute though.

"Travis." I tapped his hand

I was faced with a older looking Travis. He had bags under his eyes and his face was skinnier.

"Ar-Are you okay?" I looked at him.

Before he could speak the bell rung. I noticed that when he stood his clothes were very baggy. I seen him wear this before and it fit just right. Now its like he's 4 sizes smaller. We didn't speak for the rest of the day. I was pretty upset that he wasn't speaking to me. I tried to speak to him and he kept leaving.

Saturday, great. I hopped in the shower and pulled on my black skinnies with a nike top. I ran across the street and knocked on his door.

"Hello Harley." His mother smiled at me

"Where's Travis." I asked her

"So he didn't tell you." She looked at me sadly

"Tell me what?"

"He went to the hospital last night." She wiped her eyes.

"W-why?" I looked at my feet.

"We found out he was doing drugs. He could've overdosed!" She sobbed

His sister came from the stairs and hugged his mom. 

"We're going to visit in a few, if you wanna go with us." Trina said.

Once his mom grabbed the keys we were off to Willburry. A neighboring town to us. It was 30 minutes away. I've only been there for a field trip.
    The nurse led us to his room. Where his dad was sleeping and so was he. His dad shot up off the couch and stared at us. His eyes were red and hair was everywhere.
    I looker at Travis. His skin was pale and his arms were thin.

"Is he okay." I closed my eyes

"He's lost 50 pounds and he has a serious drug addiction." His nurse walked in

She checks his vitals and then wakes him up. His face was blank, I never seen him look so emotionless.

"Travie!" His mom ran to him

"Harley." He reached out to me.

He hugs both of us and then his mom lets go. I felt his tears on my shirt. I held him for a while.

"They said I'm going to rehab." He wiped his face

"For how long?"

"About 3 months, if I progress quickly." He cupped my cheeks

We shared a kiss when I realized his sister was still in there.

"Are you guys finished? I wanna hug my brother." We all laughed

The ride home was silent. My eyes were heavy. I wanted to cry again.

"We'll let you know when we visit him."

It's been 3 weeks. I've been neglecting my personal needs alot. I haven't showered for a while. My hair is mostly tangled and it's faded back to blonde.
   I threw on my dirty joggers and a purple tee. Today I was gonna go get some air. Hopefully.
   As I neared the park my heart dropped. I saw a familiar figure. Who I haven't seen in while.

"Daniel?" I yelled out

"Harley?" He yelled back