Ch. 45

Arin's POV

"Good morning, mom! What's for breakfast?" I eagerly sit at the dinner table, waiting for my mother to put a plate down with pancakes or scrabbled eggs.

"Get cereal. Mommy had a long night at work." She says with bags under her eyes. She was rubbing her head with a bottle of Advil next to her cup of coffee.

This has been happening often lately, but I don't have the courage to ask her about it.

"Sure, Mom." I say to her. Dan stays silent and tries not to act weird towards the whole situation. I can tell by the way he looks back at my mother when he was getting his cereal.

"Oh, and I heard you two up late last night." She turns around and sees us looking at each other with worried expressions. "Don't stay up that late again."

I sigh in relief hearing her not comment on the things she may have heard last night. I don't know how loud we were, but things can get pretty loud with me.

"Oh, and Dan, your father is very nice. He made me an egg sandwich this morning before heading out to the store for me." She smiles and takes a sip of her coffee. Dan nods and we go up to my room.

"I got worried for a second. She can't know about us." Dan says, sitting down at my desk. I nod with a spoonful of Coco Pebbles in my mouth.

"She would split us apart, just like when Suzy came over for a sleep over. We did each other's nails and then she had to sleep in the guest room. That was pointless because I don't like girls." I laugh, spitting milk and chunks all over the desk.

Dan doesn't comment on my mess. I just see him look up at me and smile.

He has the cutest smile.

Why is he so perfect.