Ch. 26

Present day~

Jon and Arin walked into the tiny apartment with both of them carrying one of Jon's bags.

"My casa is your casa," Arin attempts to speak in Spanish as he opens the door and gestures into the living room with a kitchen on the side.

"I thought you would be living in the slums," Jon said, "but this is nice, too."

Arin laughed and led Jon into the guest bedroom which Arin also used to store any unnecessary items he just couldn't part with. This included his old bike, all of his sketchbooks from high school and middle school, extra furniture from the local thrift store, and much more. Jon didn't mind how crowded his room was, he knew he wasn't going to be spending much time in there anyway.

"I'm so glad to see you again," Jon said as he laid his bags down next to his bed. He was only staying for a week, so he assumed there was no reason to unpack everything.

"Yeah, dude, just two bros hanging out," Arin had a huge smile on his face as he walked back into the living room with Jon close behind, "I've missed you a lot, too."

The two sat down and looked at the TV: it was off.

"Well, I think I'll go get a quick shower since I smell like old person from the plane here. Be right back." Jon stood up and got his clothes before going into the bathroom straight across from the guest room. Arin turned on the TV to see "Wheel of Fortune" showing. He left in on, but quickly took out his phone after five minutes of being extremely confused by the puzzle on screen.

Group chat~

Bunch o cucks
257 missed messages

Arin wasn't going to bother reading any of them.

Dan: Dude why tf do you talk like that. I miss the old Ross.

Ross: listen vro i don't fw the lames no more brody you got no sauce

Arin: Hey guys! Jon is in the shower, we just got home. Everything is going great. What did I miss?

Dan: Why are you hanging out with that dickhead?

Barry: Yeah, I thought you guys hated eachother.

Ross: arin fucks wit the lames my g

Arin: He's changed since we dated. He's more stable. Just trust me.

Barry: Oaky, but if he does anything bad tell us and we'll beat the shit out of him.

Dan: Oaky

Barry: *Okay

Ross: oaky

Chris: Oaky

Barry: I hate you guys.

Arin: What did I miss??

Barry: Nothing really. Ross is speaking a new language.

Ross: listen boi i aint playn round wit yall if all yall gon do is come for me

Arin: It sounds like broken drag queen.

Chris: Faggot

Ross: daddy chris my g i fw you since the beginning

Chris: Weve known each other for too damn long

Arin: True

Chris changed the chat name to "Honey Bunches of Faggots"

Barry: Chris you really like changing the name, huh?

Chris: Ross is holding me at gunpoint making me draw yaoi

Ross: i aint Julien niggeh

Chris: If you were Julien id be drawing Matt rn

Barry: No talking behind people's backs if they're in this chat!

Chris: Sorry, god.

Ryan: How dare thy break thyn chat commandments

Arin: Oh hey Ryan.

Ryan: sup fag

Ryan: Your all lucky Matt is sleeping or he would read those messages and cry

Chris: Wrong "your" mister autism.

Ryan: Love that South Carolina school system

Chris: Do you have any personality outside of the fact you're from South Carolina?

Ross: no

Ryan: Ross you aren't from South Carolina

Ross: but i could be

Arin looked up to see Jon dressed in a tee-shirt and khaki shorts with his wet hair sticking to his head or curled up.

"Hey, scoot over and let me sit," Jon said. Arin looked down at himself, his body then lying down across the couch, taking up every spot. He was just getting comfortable.

Arin sat up to let Jon sit next to him. Arin's phone clicked off at the press of a button and his phone's notifications began to blow up. He quick turned on "do not disturb" to keep distractions away from his short time with Jon.

The chat felt empty without him sending messages at all hours of the day and night, but at least Ross was there to keep the chaos.