Ch. 50

Dan's POV

"It has been a fun week." I say to Arin as we awkwardly stand in the middle of the airport. Arin's mom close behind him and my father getting our large bags checked.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"We will still talk online."

"But that's different." Arin's face turns a bright red. "I don't want the game to be all we are. I want you to stay."

I blush as his mom stares me in the eye with the most worried and judgmental glare I have ever seen. I freeze in place.

"I mean... I will miss you, friend, but you have to go." Tears form in the corner of my eyes as I wonder if this will really be the last time I ever get to meet Arin.

We hug, but no like a friendship hug. I put my arms around his neck and his arms are around my hips. We don't let go for nearly 20 seconds.

When we break apart, I see Arin's eyes welling with tears. He brushes one off of his cheek.

We see his mom get a phone call and turn around to take it. While neither of them are facing us, we quickly kiss each other for 2 seconds. It was almost a make-out.

We split just before my dad exited the line.

"Well, did you say goodbye?" My dad says, patting me on the back. I nod and walk away with him.

I feel my phone buzz in my carry-on.

"Hold up." I stop my dad to check my texts.

Arin: I love you.

Dan: I love you, too.

I turn back to see Arin crying his eyes out as his mother is on the phone. He sees me and gives me a thumbs up signal.

I keep walking even though all I wanted at that moment was to be in his arms.

A/n: it really would help
Me if you guys would favorite these chapters. Idk why. Lol okay bye