Chapter 59

Zoe's POV:
It was three days after we got home from Malibu and I was walking to Aaliyah's house. I wanted to apologize to her. I slowly knock, clearing my throat.
The door slowly opened and her mom looked out the door.
"Hi Mrs.Crottchet. Um is Aaliyah here?"
She smiled and nodded "AALIYAH SOMEONE IS HERE FOR YOU!"
After a couple minutes Aaliyah came to the door and stared at me.
"What." She said, crossing her arms.
I sigh, "Look I know you're still mad at me but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. You're my best friend and I kissed your boyfriend and I know I don't deserve an 'it's okay' but I just miss you so much. I'm sorry."
She just stares and me and after what seemed like an hour she finally hugged me.
"I missed you too." She breathes out.
We hug and I smile.
"Do you want to go shopping for a homecoming dress?" I ask and she nods.
She quickly grabs her purse and we walk to the mall.
*a couple days later at homecoming*
Grant's POV:
I stand in the middle of the dance floor, watching everybody dance. Zoe had a short, pink dress on with only one strap that had sparkles on it. Her hair was curled and she had very little makeup on. Garret and I were in a tuxedo. I look around for Aaliyah but I didn't see her anywhere.
I was about to give up when I see a beautiful face walk through the door. Aaliyah. She was all by herself and she looked around. All of the sudden she sat down by herself. I took a deep breath and walked up on stage. Zoe gave me the idea of singing a song to her. Just for her. Not original. I take a deep breath. I started singing.
"I was found being alone Never thought I'd be one to fall in love.." It was a song I wrote myself. She loved it.
All of the sudden she looked up at me.
I smiled at her and she looked down.
I finally finish and get off stage, everyone cheering I slowly walk over to her.
"Hi.." I look at her
"Hi." She keeps her head down.
We stay silent for a minute till she says "Was that song for me?" She slowly looks up.
I slowly nod, "Yeah it was."
"Why?"
"Because.." I sigh "I love you."
"No you don't. You love Zoe."
"No I don't. I thought I did but it's only because I hurt her. That's the only reason." I take her hand "Please I love you."
She stares at me for a while and then out of nowhere she kisses me.
My eyes widen in surprise and I slowly kiss her back. Everyone started clapping.
She pulls away. "I love you too." She smiles.
I smile brightly and hug her.
"My plan!" I hear Zoe tell and I laugh.
This was a perfect night.