Chapter 49

Aaliyah's POV:
I was walking through the park with Mario, holding his hand. That's when in the distance I heard Grant's voice.

Grant's POV:
I saw Aaliyah with Mario. I had to go talk to her. I slowly walk over to her.
"Hi Aaliyah...umm...can I talk to you?" I say nervously. She just stares at me then sighs.
"I'll be back." She says to Mario. I grab her arm and pull her away.
"What do you want." She says, not looking at me.
"Look Aaliyah, I'm in love with you. I didn't think it could happen to a guy like me but I can't stop thinking about you. You're on my mind twenty four seven. Your lips, your hair, your eyes, everything. Kissing Zoe was an accident. I thought I still loved her but then you left me and I realized I was wrong. I need you, right here with me. Please just give me one more chance. I will give you anything and everything. I love you Aaliyah. You're my world." She was looking at me now. She slowly looks down
"Grant I...I...I need to go." She starts to walk away but I grab her wrist.
"Aaliyah plea-" her sleeve rolled up and something caught my eye. A bruise. She pulls her arm away but I quickly grab it again and lift it up, my eyes widening. There were bruises everywhere.
"Aaliyah...what is this..." I say surprised.
"Grant just leave..." She says sadly.
"Aaliyah tell me!" I say a little louder.
Tears form in her eyes.
"Mario he...he hit me...last week. And the day after that...and the day after that..."
My jaw clenches and I walk over to Mario.
"You..." I say angrily and without thinking, I punch him. Hard. He falls to the ground and I breathe heavily. He hurt my girl. I hurt him.