Chapter 2: Hello Neighbor!

Namjoon is judging Kookie harshly
____________________________

Namjoon and the two other boys were on their way home after a long day of school.

As they all got in the car Hoseok sighed out, "It's almost Friday."

"Indeed it is, my friend," Yoongi replied, raising the volume of the radio in his rickety old car, higher and higher.

Feeling exhausted, Namjoon lied down in the backseat of the car looking through his phone, when all of a sudden the volume dropped and he heard Yoongi call someone out.

"Hey wh-" Namjoon halted his words when noticing that Yoongi was talking to the new kid.

Jim, Wasn't it?

He heard Yoongi chuckle and tell the boy "Welcome to the neighborhood."

As they drove away Namjoon asked "What was that about?" Yoongi replied with a smirk "I'm just being friendly and welcoming the new guy to our neighborhood."

Namjoon just shrugged it off knowing his best friend was planning something but was too tired to figure out what.

"So what are we doing? Eunjae is on some sort of business trip thing. I don't really know what it is but it means that she won't be home for the weekend." Yoongi told the boys lifting his eyebrows.

"What'd ya say? You guys want to have a party?" Yoongi suggested looking over at the guys.

"Yeah that'd be cool." Namjoon told him.

"WOOO! PARTY!" Hoseok yelled causing the two other boys to groan. Yoongi hit him on the head.

"You guys are no fun," He pouted.

-

Yoongi stopped in front of Namjoon's house to drop him off. "Hey try to get some of your parents' beers for tomorrow," Yoongi reminded him.

"C'mon, last time I tried to take some I almost got killed," He whined.

"Then don't get caught," with that Yoongi drove off. "Great," he whispered to himself.

"Hello neighbor!"

Namjoon sighed and halted in his tracks as he turned to the boy on the other side of the fence.

"Hello Jungkook," He lazily said.

"How was school today? Did you learn something new? Oh, I hope you don't mind that I trimmed your lawn. It was getting quite long and some weeds popped up and-" Jungkook rambled but was interrupted by Namjoon.

"School was fine Kook," Namjoon sighed annoyed by the boy's constant rambling and need to be nice.

"Well that's good to hear. Hey if you want you can come over later, I'm cooking a steak for dinner," Jungkook invited happily.

"No, I'm good," Namjoon said, already heading towards the door of his house.

"Alright b-"

Namjoon shut the door before Jungkook could properly say goodbye.

Weirdo.

Glad that neither of his parents were home, Namjoon rushed to the kitchen to get a couple snacks before going into his room.

He started on his homework to quickly get it over with. Although he may seem like he has poor grades, he actually does really well. That and because he is forced by his parents to do so.

"Tough love" is what they'd say when giving a reason on their harshness towards him. They only "want what's best for him."

A little after he finished homework, Namjoon decided to work on one of his songs he was trying to finish. He was an aspiring rapper and despite being told that his dream was useless and stupid, he kept working at it. He wasn't going to give up that easily.

As he was writing some new lyrics down he heard a knock at the door.

He quickly got up to see who it could possibly be. When hearing more knocking he rushed to the door "I'm coming!"

He opened the door to see that it was his dorky neighbor, Jungkook.

"Oh, What's up?" he asked the boy.

"Hi Namjoon, I know you couldn't come over earlier but I brought some extra food for you incase you got hungry," he told the boy holding up the plastic container with the food inside.

"Oh, uh thanks," Namjoon awkwardly thanked him, taking the plastic out of the boy's hands.

"No problem, you can return the container next time you see me," Jungkook replied starting to walk away and back to his house.

"Yeah, sure" He went back inside and opened the container to have his nose meet the amazing smell of the steak.

That boy may be weird, but he sure can cook.

Namjoon got out a fork from the cabinet in the kitchen and took a bite, practically moaning at the taste. Within seconds the container was empty.

All that was heard next was a monstrous burp from Namjoon.

"Oh yeah."

Just as Namjoon got comfortable and relaxed in the living room, he heard the front door open.

"Dammit," he whispered to himself.

"Hey Baby, you home?" he heard the raspiness of his mom's voice yell from the entrance.

It took him a while to answer but he finally yelled back "Yeah I'm in the living room."

"Oh," she walked in, "Your father isn't home yet?"

"Nope," he answered back.

"I figured... you eat anything?" She asked.

"Yeah, the neighbor brought me something." he told her, seeing how she was half listening.

"Yeah okay, I'm gonna go to sleep."

"Okay."

That was their relationship. A couple of questions here and there and some 'okays'. That's all it was.

But it's not as bad as his relationship with his father. That's a whole other story.

-

Namjoon was exhausted. Just as he was about to go to sleep he heard the front door slam shut.

"NAMJOON!"

Shit!

____________________________

This was mainly just a Namjoon chapter to get some insight on him, so that's why it was literally all about him. And oh my goodness, Kookie is such a dork.