Chapter 14: Kimchi Recipe

"N-Namjoon? I don't think those are good for you..." Jungkook tried advising from across the fence.

Namjoon let out a breath of smoke. He leaned back on his chair staring at the street in front of him mindlessly. He turned to the usually cheery boy "Who cares."

"I do, Kim Namjoon. This has been going on for days now and I'm starting to worry, hyung. Those things can give you cancer and drinking alcohol doesn't help either" Jungkook brought up while pointing to the many empty beer cans at Namjoon's feet.

"What's making you feel so down?"

Namjoon sat in silence. He placed the cigarette between his lips. "Namjoon! I just said that tho-"

"Do you think I give a fuck!?" Namjoon stood up "I don't care what this stupid thing does to me, it could kill me for all I care. It won't change the fact that this world is complete shit... as well as me." Namjoon sighed.

He turned to look at Jungkook to see that his eyes were tightly shut with his hands covering his ears.

He slightly opened one eye. He relaxed his body when seeing Namjoon was done with his yelling. "Sorry I just don't like yelling or cursing and you kind of did both."

Namjoon shook his head "I'm sorry kid." He fell back into his chair.

After a long silence Jungkook asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Namjoon looked over at him and slightly smiled. "How are you always so happy, and nice and alive?"

Jungkook giggled "Well, I appreciate all the little things like when Hyeon Noona shared her Kimchi recipe with me, and when the stray cat comes over and rubs itself against my legs, also when you tell me how you're day was because I'm always curious to know if you're happy and healthy. All of that adds up to bringing a smile on my face."

Namjoon nodded. He stood up and threw his cigarette to the ground, stepping on it. He walked down the small steps of his porch and made his way towards Jungkook's house. The younger had a confused look on his face but it immediately went away when Namjoon pulled him in for a hug.

"Hyung! You're hugging me!?" Jungkook squeezed onto Namjoon tightly.

"Okay, okay. Too tight" Namjoon patted Jungkook's back.

"Sorry hyung" He slightly bowed after releasing from their embrace.

Namjoon placed his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry Jungkook for being a real assho- Sorry. Jerk to you. Will you forgive me?"

Jungkook smiled showing his bunny teeth. "Of course!" He pulled Namjoon in for another hug.

"Alright two's enough."

"Yes okay" Jungkook let go.

"So, a kimchi recipe huh?" Namjoon brought up. Jungkook's eyes lit up "Do you want me to make you some? I'd love to!"

"No you don't have t- Okay" Namjoon followed after Jungkook into his house.

__________________________

I had Zion.T's 'Eat' stuck in my head when I was writing this.

I still do :D