Chapter 10

"This is all your fault." I say to Eli while still shaking the bars to the jail cell as if they'll break any moment. He smiles.

"You know, you've really got to stop blaming your consequences on me."

"You just had to ask what's the worst thing that could happen. Everyone knows that's cue for the worst thing to happen!"

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble sweet pea, but this isn't the worst that could happen." I groan. I am in a jail cell with Max, whose been glaring at me ever since he arrived, Alex, who isn't that bad even though he's like a less annoying Eli, Jared, who can't seem to keep his lips off of Ashlyn, Deuce, and Ashley, who's still staring at Ashlyn with distaste. How could this possibly get any worse?

I regret my question when an angry looking Dylan rounds the corner. I had to ask. But first, let's rewind a little bit.

*****
As soon as Jared, Alex, Max, and Ashlyn enter, things start to go downhill.

Ashley's lip curls in disgust when her eyes fall on Ashlyn's.

"Who the hell is she?" Ashley asks. How ironic that they both seem to be wearing similar outfits with Ashley wearing a blue tank top with a thin black jacket and a black miniskirt while Ashlyn wears a black tank top with a thin blue jacket and blue miniskirt.

"Calm down Ash. This is Ashlyn, my friend. She's the one who gave me the opportunity to dance on the dance team. Ashley snorts.

"Well she has a terrible sense of fashion." Alex stands between the two of them looking back and forth at each of them

"Am I the only one who thinks this is freaky?"

"Nope." Eli, Max, and Jared say at the same time. Both girls toss their blonde hair, looking like they could go at each other any minute.

"I'm sorry, Javiéra, who is this?" Ashlyn asks in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"This is Ashley. She's my best friend." For a minute, Ashlyn looks hurt but she quickly gathers her conmposure, giving Ashley a once-over.

"Well that's embarassing." Ashlyn says. I frown.

"What?"

"It looks like Ashley's shoe is a bit scuffed." She points at a tiny mark at the tip of Ashley's converse. I gasp in horror. No matter how petty or mad you are, you never insult Ashley's shoes. Ever. Just as Ashley lunges at Ashlyn, Max grabs her waist and Jared puts his hand over Ashlyn protectively. Ashley squirms in Max's arms.

"Let me go," Ashley warns, "someone needs to teach this bitch a lesson and I'm not talking about how crooked her winged eyeliner is." Ashlyn gasps and lunges for Ashley, but Jared holds her back.

"I'll have you know I'm studying cosmetology at one of the top colleges in California."

"Welk get your money back, chica it ain't working out too well." I step between the vengeful girls.

"Will you two stop arguing? Ashley I have a pair of converse just like that in my closet. They're yours if you want. And Ashlyn," I turn to Ashlyn, who smiles in hope. I smile back politely, "well like you said, you're learning." Her smile vanishes instantly. They both eventually calm down, but 15 minutes later, the boys start complaining that they're bored.

"You know what we should do," Jared.

"No, no, no," I say, "we are going to sit here until Dylan gets back.

"But I really think it would be fun if we went into the city."

"How on Earth would that be fun?"